Any Garden Crafts??

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mawnature

Another Garden Craft

Making calenders featuring flowers from your garden is fun, and makes a great gift. I made this one for 2008. The flowers were chosen to match the color of the birthstone for each month.

WELCOME TO ANNETTE'S GARDEN
00WELCOMETOANNETTESGARDEN-2.jpg

JANUARY BIRTHSTONE GARNET
01JANUARY2008BIRTHSTONEGARNET-2.jpg

FEBRUARY BIRTHSTONE AMETHYST
02FEBRUARY2008BIRTHSTONEAMETHYST-2.jpg

03MARCH2008BIRTHSTONEAQUAMARINE-2.jpg

mawnature

Garden Calender Craft

APRIL BIRTHSTONE DIAMOND
04APRIL2008BIRTHSTONEDIAMOND-2.jpg

MAY BIRTHSTONE EMERALD
05MAY2008BIRTHSTONEEMERALD-2.jpg

JUNE BIRTHSTONE PEARL
06JUNE2008BIRTHSTONEPEARL-1.jpg

JULY BIRTHSTONE RUBY
07JULY2008BIRTHSTONERUBY-2.jpg

AUGUST BIRTHSTONE PERIDOT
08AUGUST2008BIRTHSTONEPERIDOT-2.jpg

mawnature

Garden Calender Craft

SEPTEMBER BIRTHSTONE SAPPHIRE
09SEPTEMBER2008BIRTHSTONESAPPHIR-2.jpg

OCTOBER BIRTHSTONE OPAL
10OCTOBER2008BIRTHSTONEOPAL-2.jpg

NOVEMBER BIRTHSTONE TOPAZ
11NOVEMBER2008BIRTHSTONETOPAZ-1.jpg

DECEMBER BIRTHSTONE TURQUOISE
12DECEMBER2008BIRTHSTONETURQUOIS-1.jpg

I had mine printed and wire bound at Kinkos for $25.00; not a bad price for a birthday or Christmas gift.

Gardengoddess

Hi Maw,

I agree that calendars are a great gift idea. I put one together for my family this year too. I don't know if you have Costco but their photo center cost me 14.95 per calendar. I wonder if there are other online sources that could lower your cost?

I love the flower/birthstone theme :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

mawnature

Calendars

I have seen online calendar offers that were cheaper than Kinkos, but I was in a hurry and didn't shop around. We don't have either of the places mentioned above...:(

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Walgreens made calendars this year, don't remember the cost.

Scarez

Maw, your gourds are incredible! How long did it take you to learn how to paint like that.
You're SO GOOD!

Scarez

Stepping stones by the pond for display

Attachments

• 2 stepping stones.jpg
    2 stepping stones.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 353

sfishergirl

I dont do alot of crafting anymore. I have made watermelon windchimes out of terra cotta pots, Driftwood wall art, lavender wreaths, lotions & soaps and tattoo goo from my herb garden harvest. Hopefully this year bittersweet and chinese lantern wreaths. I also make my own window boxes and other other planters from Hard Maple. I want to try a hard maple door mat so the dirt falls down under it type. I suffer from a lack of ideas in this area though.

flwrs4ever

Scarez, what if you decopash (sp ? ) your gourds...you can pick pretty papers, or print off your pictures from the garden, and deco them onto the gourds, then cover with a few layers of shalack (sp? again...LOL)

You can even deco.. a picture, then go over the picture with a puffy paint, to make the picture come alive a little more...if you use the deco paste, I dont think you have to use shalack, just a few layers to protect them of the paste...

I want to grow gourds AND louffa this season..........I use to do a ton of crafts, but was in an accident a few years ago, and no longer able to craft...I do go to a friends once in awhile and we will do mosaics of stain glass together, she does what I cant, and it works out great, so nice to still be able to sit with her, and enjoy some of it.

Scarez, dont give up....just do a little each day if you cant do it all at once...

Kya D

OK sfishergirl I hate to seem too stupid but what is tattoo goo?
I'm just wondering.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kya D I am wanting to know what tattoo goo is myself?? Inquiring minds want to know.

sfishergirl

not a stupid question Kya. It is a herbal healing ointment. I use it for my tattoos and the kids use for their cuts and scrpaes. I make it mostly for a few of the tattoo shops in the area.

K

Kale

Very nice work!
Those gourds are fantastic! If I gave one to a friend they would not believe I did it *LOL
They would be amazed*lol Rightly so*lol
The calender Idea is what I have had on my mind........for years!
I ache to make a really nice one.I use to do a page or so for fun but to really make one I have to find it cost efficient.
I wanted to make them with/in all sorts of categories and sell them at a Craft Market.
My Daughter wanted to also she use to just want to do it with her photography, now,well it is her drawings and water colors Japanese style children and animals. She works so well.
$10.00 is still too much for me to spend on per calender but would be nice.
Would keep me busy for a while.
One craft we did was, print out a few pics in black and white then my daughter water painted them, we then glued them on construction paper with a drop of stick glue and laminated them, punched holes in them (on top) and added ribbon,we sent over a pound of these to my Mom,she can use them as a coaster (laminated 2x just to be safe) hang them on a doorknob or just hang them up all over,they are 2 sided so when she gets tired of seeing me and butterflies or plants,
she can flip it over and see James Cagney or Dean Martin*LOL
It is very easy,so I'm good with that*lol
Here is a butterfly,I couldn't get good pics the reflections where not participating *lol
You can do it like scrap booking ,and you can add a little bit of feathers or beads or whatever the laminator will still laminate over those objects.

This would be excellent for children! Their hand prints, favorite drawing or a great report card or awards etc. I bought the laminator for about 30.00 at Aldis.the paper cost just a tad under a dollar per sheet.No less then that, $29.oo for 50 sheets!

Kale:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
not a stupid question Kya. It is a herbal healing ointment. I use it for my tattoos and the kids use for their cuts and scrpaes. I make it mostly for a few of the tattoo shops in the area.

You can tell I lead a sheltered life. Guess I never thought about a healing ointment for a tatoo. It makes sense though.

Kya D

PLEASE

Tell me a couple of ingredients that are in tattoo goo (NOT the secret ingredients) I just want some idea what it is.
I make a healing salve from a zillion year old recipe passed down to me from my Mom.
It works great. Sometimes the old homemade stuff is really the best.

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com