Anyone drink pomegranate juice???

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought some pomegranate juice this week. Was stated on bottle 1 oz. of this pomegranate juice equivilant to 15 pomegranates. I think the nutritional value is good but what say you??

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never had pomegranite juice. My brother gave me a pomegranite when we went down to California in October. He has a tree in his back yard. Up here they cost $3 each.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never had pomegranite juice. My brother gave me a pomegranite when we went down to California in October. He has a tree in his back yard. Up here they cost $3 each.
Randy they are expensive, we had a pomegranate tree when I was young and loved to suck the seeds. Now they say that the juice is good for cholesterol, hight BP, and a host of other things. We got 2 bottles with 32 oz. each so we shall see. It was on sale at Costco for less than $15. I have seen it at the health food stores for a lot more.

Was just wondering if anyone on GF has a testimonial of the benefits they have experienced taking pomegranate juice.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have off and on been drinking it. We actually love the flavor. I have not noticed any benefit though. But I like the taset! I have also bought the cranberry/pom juice from Ocean Spray.

The juice is good for relief in urinary disorders.And bacterial infections.My doctor told me to drink it for kidney infection.I think it did help.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have off and on been drinking it. We actually love the flavor. I have not noticed any benefit though. But I like the taste! I have also bought the cranberry/pom juice from Ocean Spray.
We've tried it! It is a bit pricey though!
Health-wise I do not think there is much of difference then just cranberry juice.
We get the fruit up here for $1.25 per fruit in December/January.
I enjoy picking out the fruit and spitting out the seeds!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL! That's one thing you don't get in the juice! You are right Ron it is a bit on the high side compared to other juices. I bet it takes a lot of those little gel berries to make a quart of juice;)

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
The juice is good for relief in urinary disorders.And bacterial infections.My doctor told me to drink it for kidney infection.I think it did help.
That is good to know Spider Lily. We are drinking about 1 to 1.5 ounces a day, we shall see.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
We've tried it! It is a bit pricey though!
Health-wise I do not think there is much of difference then just cranberry juice.
We get the fruit up here for $1.25 per fruit in December/January.
I enjoy picking out the fruit and spitting out the seeds!
Ron spitting seeds is a man thing hehehehe. I couldn't believe the good price at Costco. There was a $3 instant rebate on it and the 32 oz. was less than $15. The quart will last us just under 2 weeks with both of us drinking it. I know it seems high but my husband is a bad diabetic and has high blood pressure. If it will help him it will be worth whatever it costs, if I can afford it.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are about $3 here too. I'm trying to remember how much I paid for a bottle of it at the Christmas Tree Shop. I gave it to my mom. I was thinking it was around $3 and it was about 20-24oz. I will have to look the next time I go there. It was 100% too.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are about $3 here too. I'm trying to remember how much I paid for a bottle of it at the Christmas Tree Shop. I gave it to my mom. I was thinking it was around $3 and it was about 20-24oz. I will have to look the next time I go there. It was 100% too.
Laurie that is a deal. Did it say that 1 ounce is the equivilant of 15 pomegranates. You only suppose to drink no more than 3 oz. per day of AgroLabs pomegranate juice. www.AgroLabs.com

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I finally remembered to look when I was at the CTS last week but they didn't have any so couldnm't checkout the bottles to see what it said it was
hopefully they will have it in again

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com