Anyone seen a Robin yet??

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PRH

As I was outside today cleaning the yard up,( more to go yet ) I saw Spring very close by ( if not,already ) by seeing a visitor in my yard - A Robin, ( first of the year ) he was pretty big and fat too!! Anyone else seen a visitor in there world yet that helps make there days brighter and lets them know that Spring is knocking on the door??? :cool:

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been seeing them off and on since Jan here
A few weeks back they were in my crabapple tree eating the leftover apples
Had a flock in my yard yesterday

They are here in our yard in Salem..Saw a pair of Towee's out at Oregon Gardens last week..We were weeding and they enjoying all the bugs we were stirring up for them..There a couple of Rhodies in bloom up the street from us so spring is trying very hard to get here...
Melanie

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you still have snow on the ground Dora? We do but hopefully most of it will melt this week with the warmer temps and rain on Wed.
I've noticed the birds are now singing when I go outside so I know there are more around and spring is close. Have a couple of crocuses showing color
i know off subject....

I have seen Robins, Doves and all sorts of bird activity. They are all over the place and having a great time. Spring is just around the corner. It is so wonderful that this winter has past.

not to brag, but I've seen the Robins and doves all winter and a few woodpeckers too, I have birds in the yard all winter as well as summer, I think they like the $3.00 lb parrot food they get as well as reg wild bird food, the squirrels love the food too just one big happy family :)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
We lose some of the robins as the cold weather sets in, but we also have a resident population that sticks around through the cold months too. The doves are migratory birds, but we also get some of those to hang around during the cold months. During winter though, we get the juncos and they will leave in the spring. The juncos are also called "snow birds". I think that's the one Anne Murray sang about some years back. She is one of my favorite vocalists.

Nothing here but sparrows and crows. I did notice the sparrows garthering nest building material today so there is hope sping is on it's way. It is still snowing big time in the mountains around us so we wont see robins and such until well into May. :(

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have had robins for a few weeks now but then I live in the south so they are here really early in the year. I love being in zone 8

The robins have been here for about a month now. My husband says they're stupid birds and that red winged blackbirds are the ones to watch for. After what I saw this year I'll be looking for another bird to announce spring. The Hinckley buzzards decided to hang around here for awhile in my mom's backyard. They have a festival in Hinckley, Ohio every year because they come back March 15th. What a sight that is!! I was brave enough to "invade" their territory this morning.

Do you still have snow on the ground Dora? We do but hopefully most of it will melt this week with the warmer temps and rain on Wed.
I've noticed the birds are now singing when I go outside so I know there are more around and spring is close. Have a couple of crocuses showing color
i know off subject....
It's been a bit since we've had snow on the ground here in Des Moines. I want to say about a month. I have seen red-wing blackbirds and even a cardinal yesterday. Cardinals are rare around here.

No flowers yet though

Dora/Garden Goddess

I have too many robins! There is a line of those blasted cherry laurels in my neighbor's yard along the fence, and the robins come to eat the berries. Then they flit over to the live oak by the driveway to digest and poop purple poo all over my car.

M

Mari-Jo

Saw first Robin a couple of weeks ago, the sparrows here are also busy building a nest in the birdhouse........very LARGE crows, and there is also some sort of hawk flying around.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com