Banana Loaf

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Banana Bread
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
combine sugar and shortening, add eggs, beat well, add bananas, beat well, add flour, baking soda and vanilla, mix well
pour in a greased loaf pan, bake @ 350° for about an hour or so, it's done when you stick a toothpick or knife in it and it comes out clean
Hope this is what you was asking for Suzanne.

prettylady

Laurie this is the same recipe I use but you can use it also to make Banana Pineapple Bread by adding 1 small can of crushed pineapple drained... It is Yummy and really moist..
Peggy

smiley_face2

mine is
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup shortening or good margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large)
1 cup chopped walnuts
blend together flour, baking powder and soda, salt and spices
cream together sugar and shortening or margarine (I prefer to use margarine)
eggs and banana
add flour mixture to banana mixture and mix well
add 1 cup of cut up fresh mango or 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or 1 cup of canned pineapple tidbits if desired. We really love it with mango!
325F oven about 1 hour and 15 minutes. done when sharp knife inserted in middle comes out clean.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
OH I have a great one also ...but still not much energy this way...I willl save up my energy and try to post it later...

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
here you go dear....this is really a very light bread...almost like a cake...we love it around here..
3 1/2 cups flour

1 1/4 teasp backing powder

1 1/2 teasp salt
1 teasp baking soda

1 1/3 cups sugar

2/3 cups butter - soft

4 large eggs

4 tablesp milk

2 cups mashed ripe bananas

1/2 cup chopped pecans-(or walnuts)

In a mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda....set aside.

In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugar until very light and fluffy....you want to scrap the sides of the bowl often....

add your eggs one at a time and milk...set you mixer on medium speed---add one egg and one fourth of the milk and mix until fluffy...repeat this for all four additions of the eggs---I usually beat about one min each time...

to add the flour mixture and bananas alternately...first about 1/3 of the flour is added and beat in until smooth...then 1/3 of the mashed banana....mix well until smooth...then 1/3 of the flour...mix and so on...

you do this to keep the batter light and fluffy...yes a bit of work but really is worth it...

turn the batter into lightly greased loaf pan....this will be enough batter for two large loafs...lightly spread the batter in the pans...I use olive oil in a spray bottel to grease my pans...bake until done...depending on your oven...325 to 350 degrees...usually takes about 40 mins for large loaf....you can test with a tooth pick in the center...if it comes out dry they are done

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com