Basil and Balsamic Vinaigrette

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
1/8 oz. basil, freshly minced
3/4 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
3/4 tsp. sugar
3/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 cup olive oil

In blender, thoroughly blend all ingredients except olive oil. Slowly wisk in olive oil. Store in refrigerator.

I love making homemade salad dressing! Everyone always comments about it at our dinner parties. This one sounds delish!

That does sound good..I am looking for good healthy home make dressings to make, I eat a lot of salad on the diet I am on. If anyone has more to share please do:D

RR

I am such a big fan of balsamic vinegar that even paired with olive oil and some basil as garnish, I can already have a good meal with bread.

Though for salad, I also like this type of dressing but I never get to perfect it. I follow the same ingredients and steps but something is always wrong. Either it ends too mustardy or sometimes a little too sour for comfort.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back