Birdbath

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

I have a little birdbath that was left here when we moved here. The top anyway. A friend gave me a plant stand that they were getting rid of and I put the top on it in the corner of the yard. There are two pair of birds that stay near and they each think that is theirs alone. They have been fighting over it! It is so fun to watch them! :D

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Until last year when we put up a finch feeder, I never new the pleasures of watching finches and gold finches. To be so little they are very aggressive.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
my hubby is looking for a birdbath for our yard. I think he wants the one made out of concrete so he won't be getting the one at wal-mart. I guess we will be going to the garden centers soon and look there. He saw shat he wanted on the way up here along I35 but I'm not sure we can haul it in the car.

The top of mine is concrete. It looks like a sunflower! I love it! I am going to put some of my plants around it to make it look prettier.

Bernie

Kim how lucky for you. I think a bird bath completes every garden. My birdbath is an old cream can with a saucer on top. The birds love it.
Dale I too never realized how competitive those little guys can get until we got our feeders some time ago. Flowers and other things in the air bother DH breathing so he can't go out very often. I have the feeders so he can see them from the window. We love to sit and watch them.

Lyn you don't need a fancy birdbath to attract the birds. Until he finds what he wants just put out some saucers of water for the birds. You'll love it.

Bernie, I do love to watch them. There was some water standing in a low spot on the patio and the birds were even in that!
Dale, on one of our walks one day we saw some little finches. I haven't seen them near my yard yet but I wish they would.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
The gold finches aren't here yet, but the regular finches have been here since first part of February. We have already put out 18 pounds of thistle seed along with black oil sunflower seeds, crack corn and mixture of nuts.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
We had a birdbath, but the top of it disappeared. David never said anything, but I am pretty sure he hit it once too often with the riding lawn mower.

The birds don't realize they are little. They have a chihuahua attitude. LOL
ROTFLMBO So true Randy so true.

Can't wait for the birds to arrive but they usually don't show up until our windy season passes. And boy are we ever smack dab right in the middle of it. If only we could bottle some of these cold breezes for those hot summer days.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feed birds on my upstairs deck and there are at a dozen at any one time. The bullies are the Cardinals especailly this one large male. But the black cap chickadees are the ones that run him off so the others can eat. I want to put a bubble fountain up there for them so they have water too.

woodstock

I miss having a bird feeder........I loved to watch the birds in my LR window.....they never knew there were 3 cats watching them tho.....like randy said a chihauhua attitude!!!

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
My neighbor from across the road gave me flat feeder/birdbath made of terra cotta. I have it hanging in the King Apple tree in the back yard. I figure it will last until David hits it while mowing the grass. I'll look for a better place to hang it though. I will need to be diligent and change the water and clean it often though.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com