Blooming Bromeliad

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
This only blooms every couple years and I almost missed it this time.

I tried to get a good picture of this hyacinth but the wind was blowing really hard so it is a bit blurry on the edges.

Some with this wild pea. They grow by the 1000's along the road side going to my house. I collected some seeds in the hope I can have an area of them in the yard next year. they are so pretty.

Attachments

• 001 (530x800).jpg
    001 (530x800).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 332
  • 004 (800x532).jpg
    004 (800x532).jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 014 (800x530).jpg
    014 (800x530).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 341
  • wild pea (800x530).jpg
    wild pea (800x530).jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 320

nealzeus

Hey! nice Brom. they are very pretty. Planting them in an area of yard is a very nice idea.
I'll also try it.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love that Brom. It blooms about every 3-5 years. It has reproduced about 10 plants, of which my son has gotten a few. They are a bear to dig because the thorns on the leaves go all the way down the stalk and underground. But the display of color is so worth the aggravation ;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com