Bob It works

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Holy cow we did it.:D:D:D:D
I had to go back to IE but YEAH!!!!!!!! it works
Thank everyone Bob, Ron and Smiley y'all really helped me out.:D:D:D:D

Glad it finally worked, Sent email and didn't hear from you
Glad you're ok and back on the forum

Welcome back Dawn! Not sure what happened, you're the first person I've heard having problems with Chrome, but the good news is that it's working again and you're back.

If it stops working, you've got my e-mail, so let me know if you have problems.

Dawn did u get my email. I sent ya one as I was wondering how the plants are doing that I sent ya last fall. Did they all come up??

OK, I think I tracked down one more thing that was causing at least some of the login issues.

If you simply typed gardenforums.com in the browser, you were directed to http://gardenforums.com (no www). That is not the same as www.gardenforums.com. Now a truly well designed forum would simply accept either one and transition between them without issue. But if this forum software was truly well designed, I wouldn't have spent all weekend peerly deeply into php files and database configurations. It does NOT play well if you leave off the www. I've installed a script that should solve that, when you arrive at a link without the www part, it instantly says "Oops, you mean www.xyz" and transfers you there, hopefully in the blink of an eye.

However, if you are still having log in problems, try typing in www.gardenforums.com to be sure the www part is there, and then try logging in. Hopefully you'll find it works smoothly.

I've also discovered that the forum does NOT always work the same for admins as it does regular users. Obviously that's to be expected for some things, regular member can't access the admin control panel and that sort of thing.

But other stuff seems like it should work the same for everyone. Today, I discovered, much to my dismay, that the "Active Topics" link did not work the same for regular members as it did admins. For admins, it always worked, no problem. It's the way I normally browse the forum, and I use it constantly. Today during testing I logged in as a regular member. Click on "Active Topics" and the search came back with "I got nothing..." Log back out, click the same exact link and it says "Yeah, here's a couple of pages of current discussions..." Log back in, click it again, back to "I got nothing..." WHAT THE (Pick your favorite adjective - We won't use mine, as I've been known to hang out with sailors and pirates...)

I think I finally got that one fixed along with the whole www vs non-www page thing. But what the heck? I'm merrily thinking it's working fine and meanwhile the dang thing is broken. No wonder people aren't posting, they click on active topics and the forum often replied "Nope, sorry, nobody's talking about anything!" When I click the same link, works fine... AAaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh!

So that's who Bob1 is, a plain old regular member, no admin powers of any kind, who should see the exact same things everyone else does. Consider him the forum software version of Buster from Mythbusters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back