Bread pans

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

I'm well in to my 60s and the cast iron pans I'm using were my Mom's I know she had them long before I was around, its time to replace them there hard to keep clean and have stated to show there age, I've been looking around for new ones, but can't find the 2lb size loaf size the other problem I'm having is finding some thing that will last, I've seen the silicone one but just not sure how safe they are to use over and over, I need some thing that will take a beating, when the holiday comes around I can make up to 3 doz loafs of bread as gifts so I really need some thing that will last for years, does any one know of a good pan other than cast iron, I might have to use a 1 lb pan if I can find a bigger one. I need to find some before next year

I use the teflon coated pans.
I do a 2lb loaf in a 1lb pan! At least I think its a one pound pan!
If you treat these pans with respect they will last a long time!
I hand wash them and do not put them in the dishwasher!
I do not use any metal utensil, heat resistant plastic ones are ok!

I used to use glass bread pans. I say used because I gave them to my daughter. She still uses them and oh my she makes really great bread.

Looks like I will have to go out and hunt them down, the shipping on any thing I wanted on line will cost me more than the pans do, I need at least 12 pans for the holidays and it will still take me a few days to do all the bread baking I need to do

I have never used cast iron for bread pans, but use a skillet regularly for corn bread. It too was my mother's and will most likely become my daughter's when I no longer need it. Teflon (polytetrafluoroethylene) is probably the next best bet. It is relatively inert and certainly not a health risk unless overheated and a normal oven is not capable of reaching those temperatures.

I found my pans at a Restaurant equipment out let, that sells used equipment, I found 2 doz heavy pans for what it would cost to buy 6 of the same new, I'll be going back to see what else I can find, more goodies for my kitchen

Glad you found your pans Bear. I'm also using my mothers cast iron skillets. I have a muffin and corn pone cast iron to but seldom use them. I don't cook as much as I used to when I was raising my kids.

I'm cooking more now than I ever did. When the kids were small though I did cook breakfast for them every Sunday. It was always the same though, pancakes or waffles.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back