Broccoli and califlower problems

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

utahjd1

I'm having issues with both crops. I started about 50 of each in egg cartons will I wasn't thinking and put the carton tops on the bottom to catch the water and it ended up molding. So I transplanted them very fast into larger 3oz paper cups. out of the hunder only 30ish made it. I have a bunch more that I just planted but noticed in my old lot and a couple of the new ones they are starting to turn pruple I know in Tomotos that this is most likly a nitrogen problem. I have been watering with Mircle-gro. It has turned a little warm in my office. around 73ish. Do you think I would do good to move the plants at such a young age outside when it is warm (40-55)
I'm really hoping for a couple hundered pounds out of my broccoli and califlower this year. Any help would be awsome
Thanks
Adam

Greetings ...are both the broccoli and cauliflower turning purplish? I know my cauliflower always has a purplish tint. I can not recall the broccoli plants doing this...But also...there are types of these that are purple . I am organic, so I do not know much about how miricle grow effects plants...but it may be the chemicals in that may have something to do in adding even more... I also see no problem with putting them out side to harden them off and planting them in the next week...they are a spring and fall crop..

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back