Can I put my corkscrew willow on once a week watering now?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

prr

About three weeks ago, Ron told me to water this corkscrew willow every other day until it recovers (it had been underwatered and in a pot for months if not years).

http://paulrittman.com/Corkscrew.jpg

It is looking very healthy (you can see better if you maximize the photo). Is it time now to take it off its every other day watering? Should I do twice a week for a couple of weeks, and then go to once a week? Or does it still need its every other day watering for another month or two?

It is really doing well now, so you can start cutting back on the watering to twice per week......If you get any good rains you can cut out the watering more....Only water if the soil surface looks dry.....noticed you are using a mulch....look under the mulch to see when the soil is dry.
Noticed you do not have any grass growing on the surrounding area.....are you planning to grow grass. or some form of ground cover?
I'm asking this question because bare soil loses soil moisture quickly due to daytime heating, and rains simply run off, due to surface crusting, and can cause erosion.....

OK twice a week it is.

No ground cover planned. I guess the solution would be to double up on the mulch?

Ah! Ok! That explains the lack of grass and all that dry bare soil!
You should try growing cactus, agaves and yuccas!

I would, if they were anywhere near as beautiful as the locust or willow. I'm not a big fan of desert vegetation.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back