Can you identify my rose?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spidy I don't know the name but what a beautiful rose. I just planted one similar to it that is called the Reeve.

Attachments

• P4160028.JPG
    P4160028.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 382
This is a couple of my roses that has never bloomed as I can remember. I believe they are bareroot. I have had them couple of years, three at the most and have long ago lost the tag. Does anyone have any idea what they are?
Dor,
I have several ideas:)
Are you saying you bought these bare root and they never bloomed? But where did you get the picture if it never bloomed?:eek::confused:

Spider_Lily, YOu know way more then you think..:D

how old is the cutting you have?

height,fragrance,how often does blooming occur,
How many blooms at the same time?
single/many each on single stem or clusters bloom per stem.
Leaves are deep shiney green?
and a better picture when the sun is behind or hidden behind a cloud.

Kale:)

Kale, I have a dream come true rose. J&P screwed up an order on me last year and sent it as a freebie.

If you give instructions (detailed). I will take a cutting for you. It's not one I would have chosen for myself, but I found an empty spot for it. It seems happy. Let me know.

Dor,
I have several ideas:)
Are you saying you bought these bare root and they never bloomed? But where did you get the picture if it never bloomed?:eek::confused:

Spider_Lily, YOu know way more then you think..:D

how old is the cutting you have?

height,fragrance,how often does blooming occur,
How many blooms at the same time?
single/many each on single stem or clusters bloom per stem.
Leaves are deep shiney green?
and a better picture when the sun is behind or hidden behind a cloud.

This is the first time they have bloomed in the three years I have had them as I can remember Kale and they are so pretty. They now have several clusters of blooms and I know they have not bloomed.

I went to my friends yesterday. I shared them with her and hers are pink and have bloomed every year and she does not do anything for hers.

Kale, I have a dream come true rose. J&P screwed up an order on me last year and sent it as a freebie.

If you give instructions (detailed). I will take a cutting for you. It's not one I would have chosen for myself, but I found an empty spot for it. It seems happy. Let me know.
:D:D THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU! we wil figure it out...

I will meet you here

http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499

I may have posted instruction already...Please email or Pm me if I loose track, I will be doing a word search (already written out) for when I get back.I have to stop at the..
http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83
was called back!:D:D
I have to really see what I will be up against!
I will email myself a notice..

Dor I didnt forget you...
SASSMUFFIN! No way!
I have to tell you.... it is my birthday!
still........... Bought New Day never thought Id find Him Again..

Kale, I forgot I have a Diana/Wales also.

I'll catch up to you all!

Controlling diseases in your rose garden is really not very difficult at all. There is no need for harmful fungicides that can cause severe physical problems or have a negative affect on outdoor pets and bees as well as wipe out entire earthworm populations from a single spraying. Balanced nutrition and a couple of minerals can keep your garden disease free without weekly exposure to chemicals.

Most diseases of plants will leave a healthy plant alone. It is the same with us, if we're healthy we don't get sick. Plants also have immune systems. This is where a balanced diet that contains the proper amount of copper, sulfur, potassium, magnesium and calcium will ensure that certain very commonplace and damaging fungi don't get a foothold in your garden.

Potassium is very important for resistance against powdery mildew and rust on roses. Not in some crazy amount that is available to the plant in five seconds after application but instead long lasting natural sources from mineral deposits or from other natural source. When potassium is broken down in the soil by a healthy soil it will actually help to prevent the onset and spreading of powdery mildew and rust, which are tough problems for most chemical gardeners to control. High calcium levels along with an abundance of naturally available magnesium will cause your roses to produce thick healthy canes without problems with of slow root development in our heavy soils. Copper and sulfur are the two elements, which I use as a spray fungicide if absolutely necessary. Other than dormant spraying minimal spraying should be necessary to prevent fungus and disease if the roses are fed naturally.

Missed you All for Certain!

Whats new in your gardens!
I have not stopped thinking of you all!
I have been distracted with under skin situations...

But..
did tend my beautiful roses even though I haven't a clue as to who they are...

I have stories to tell, one is......... WHO IS THIS!??
I bought (2)Shreveport and (1) Fragrant Cloud,both look like this,FC is a bit taller...
It is not however Fragrant Cloud :( pretty but ....:(

Attachments

• who shreveport.jpg
    who shreveport.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 358
  • Who  SHREVEPORT09.jpg
    Who SHREVEPORT09.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 399
Under skin situations will always be here, therefore I need a break let's talk Rosarians!

Any clue as to who this rose is?

Rose in POST 49 is this is?

What do you think!??
Would you agree it may be

Peppermint Splash Grandiflora! ?

(Jackson and Perkins )

Kale!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back