Chocolate Pie - Super easy

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chocolate Pie
1 Graham Cracker pie shell
4 TBS flour
4TBS Hershey unsweetened cocoa
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup water
2 eggs separated
1/4 tsp salt
1 TSP vanilla extract

Mix the flour and cocoa together in a sauce pan.Set aside.( I like to run mine through the sifter so it is really fine.)

In a large bowl or measuring cup mix the condensed milk and water together. I use warm water and add the milk about 1/4 cup at a time so it mixes well. ( If you want to substitute Evaporate milk for the condensed milk , also add 6 TBS os sugar).

Once mixed, pour the milk mixture slowly into the flour/cocoa mixture. Do this with the pan on the stove on med heat. You must stir constantly with milk as you add it. (I used a whisk and it work great.) Continue stirring on a low to med heat until it starts to thicken ( about 5-10 minutes) then add 2 egg yolks and continue stirring until it becomes very thick. Fold into pie shell and cool. ( must be cooled to add the meringue)

Meringue

Using the reserved egg white, add 2 TBS sugar and mix on high until light, stif and fluffy. Spread the meringue on the pie and eat!

PRH

Wow! ( wonder if Ash saw this if so,she has been keeping quiet about it ) :confused: :p * thanks for sharing with us all! *

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just clicked to open the thread and did something wrong. But in so doing I also found out somebody in Florida is having a birthday in a few days. I think she should throw a birthday party while she has her grandkids there to spoil.

Wombat

Yummy! I just put on a pound reading the recipe! Someone in Florida eh? Hmm wonder who that could be?;)

Niartana

Chocolate Merengue Pie Recipe This oldfashioned chocolate meringue pie is a southern classic. Tender pie crust is filled with luxuriously rich chocolate filling and fluffy and airy meringue. A truly unbeatable combination. I love homemade pies.
Chocolate-Meringue-Pie-prev.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com