Cholestrol WAYYYY down!!!!!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I take fish oil
2 in the am and 2 in the pm
mine are 1000mg with epa 360mg and dha 240mg
i also take lipitor

I am on a generic for Lipitor. That's probably not right. It is called Pravastatin.

I go today to get my test results back. Can't wait to see what my cholesterol is. I know it is higher than it was due to seasonal eating, but it has had to go down. I was doing so good. Had lost a total of 19 lbs but gained 4 since Thanksgiving.
I take 2 fish oil 1200mg every morning & night and 2 flax every morning and night as well as D and calcium. We are trying not to go on Rx meds . I sure hope this has worked. Can afford any more Rx's

I hope that's working for you, Crabber. I'm pretty curious to see if I am holding with what I had before.

I've been on Zocor for over a year for high cholestrol. It brought down everything but the triglyceride level. That scared me..so I did a diet of sorts, lost 15 pounds and I'm proud to say, my levels are all normal again. Actually, I lost 20 pounds but during the holidays I gained 5 back..trying to get that under control also..

Well I was so upset I didn't come back to tell you mine was up 46 points! I guess I am one of those people that just make cholesterol. We added red yeast rice. Doc says this is my last chance before Rx meds. :(

My last report was good. My doctor was very pleased with the results. He said he wished all his patients were doing as well. One thing I know about you though, Crabber, is your liking for fish. That's a really good thing.

Hey, speaking of fish ~ I got a goldfish the other day. It's name is Jacques b/c that's the guy's name who sold him to me. MTM found me in PetSmart and said,"MAN! I GO TO THE BATHROOM and YOU buy a fish!" HEY, the day I went to the bathroom, YOU BOUGHT A CAT! MTM="HOW MUCH is this fish?" 28cents! (It's a feeder fish but lovely to me!) THEN he said,"wow, that's a better deal than I got on the cat." It's about 1.5 inches long (including the tail) and lives in.....a VASE! What kind of fish should we eat, Randy? white or red? Curbie :)

I think they are all good, but the Pacific salmon are better for you than the Atlantic salmon. The red meated fish are richer in the Omega-3 fatty acids and better nutritionally. The Atlantic salmon is raised in fish farms and has a higher level of mercury than the wild Pacific salmon. The Pacific salmon is more expensive though. If you could find wild Atlatic salmon, there would not be the mercury problem.

We try to buy only wild salmon. And a fact most people don't pick up on is that the farm raised are more expensive that the wild. Usually about 1-2 dollas a pound more.
Salmon facts:
Buy the freshest you can find. Do not cook it above 180* , cook it only until the fat beads up in white spots on top of the fish. If you cook it dry the benefits you are trying to get are gone. Salmon should be moist and flaky and slightly opaque.

OH geez, stick a fork in it, CG! LOL! Cut it in half and cook it that way. MTM and I were watching a show today and he asked,"WHy don't WE cook like that?" The tilapia is marinating ~ I'm making chicken salad for his lunch the rest of the week (I've picked SO MANY drumsticks I think my feathers are showing. I love when he has a day off ~ poor man gets heckled all day. He's always looks forward to going back to work. ) I actually find it hard to believe that he thinks running a household takes no time. :) Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back