Chopped liver

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

Any one have a good recipe for chopped liver, the one I have is kind of boring, its a traditional Jewish recipe that's been handed down in the family for years, I would like to make it taste better or try a new recipe for it

I don't think I have ever seen a recipe for chopped liver. I like grilled liver and onions though.

I don't do liver!
In my very younger years I was forced to eat it!
We had liver and onions once a week, and it was torture ! Blah!
My dad told me that if I didn't eat it, I was to go to my room! My retort was~ Can I go now?
These days l like it as a pate that you can spread on crackers!

I'm one of the odd ones that like liver. I also had it when I was a kid and didn't like it, but that was what we had and my mother did not substitute. It was when I went into the navy and was not allowed to stop by the refrigerator at will that I got hungry enough to like several things I thought I didn't like.

I have always heard that if you get hungry enough you'll eat anything. I like calf liver and onions every once in a while. I like chicken livers the best, right after they are cooked no leftovers though.
I don't think I could ever eat turnip greens or turnips. Haven't been that hungry yet.

Sorry but no organ meat! I , like Ron , was forced to eat it as a child and would rather starve and eat grass clippings. I guess it was the whole fored thing that is still in my head. I don't really eat meat anyway.
Here's a good LOL for you. I buy liver for Tim, My neighbor fixes it for her and Tim and makes me and her husband something else!!!! They are much older than we are and it is so funny because her husband and I are a like and spend time together and she and Tim are a like and spend tim,e together. I bet Shirley McClaine would have something to say about that!

I'm with you Crabber, I'd rather eat grass clippings than liver. When I was a kid and naughty my mom would have me eat dinner in my room. If dinner was liver it would get quietly tucked into my slippers. I was never so glad to learn that something wasn't good for then when they said liver would raise cholesterol :)

Now aren't you glad you asked about chopped liver GardenBear???

Dora

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back