Chritsmas Mincmeat Pies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

look so good! I haven't had mince meat since I was a child. Seems here no one makes them much anymore.

Christmas is not christmas without Mincemeat Pies .

I remember a few yrs ago we hired a holiday villa in Florida for Christmas but ate in villa as a Scottish friends was in florida at same time.

She made homemade shortbread and we tried to make it a Scottish christmas meal .

And we did manage only thing was missing was the mincemeat pies adn christmas crackers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_cracker

I will look for the recipe but don't hold your breath cuz I really don't think I will be able to find it.
Mom used to "can" her own mincemeat made with venison, my Dad was a big hunter and Mom couldn't let any piece of meat go to waste.

Last edited:
That's the old-fashioned way and is real mincemeat. I ate too much of it one time when I was a kid and made myself sick. I have had one piece of mincemeat pie since then. I like it, but I don't eat pie that often. I think I was about 8 years old when I ate too much of that mincemeat pie. It was not common for my folks not to be watching me, but I had several pieces of pie and felt miserable after that. Sure taught me a lesson.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back