Colorful Eggs

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never would have seen these had they not caught the sun and were shining like gold. I have saved them to see what they turn out to be. I am guessing some type of butterfly eggs but I have never seen any this color before.

Attachments

• 028 (800x530).jpg
    028 (800x530).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 368
  • 030 (800x533).jpg
    030 (800x533).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 356
ARE U KIDDING ME?

How can something so beautiful be so hated! Wow, I will be on a mission to dispatch any of those pretty golden eggs.
Thanks Ron, those were the only ones I had seen but you can bet I know what to look for now.

Well Nnacie, what can I say!!!
You had to ask and now you know what to look for!
Time to go and squish the little suckers before you have another big problem!!!!
I wish it was so easy to control squash borers!

Me too ( on the borers). Yup, I am now looking very close at the squash leaves. I haven't found any more eggs but I have squished about 10 adults :D

Keep a keen eye out for them!

For the borers, I'll be watching for the moths! They say a yellow trap works on the adults...I'll have to work on that to make one or two of them. They fly during the day which should be used against them! ....clear plastic pop bottle (cut the top off and reverse it, yellow (something) ...water, dish soap and a few drops of oil at the bottom of the bottle...sounds like a plan!
Maybe some yellow paint inside the neck of the bottle top will do. They are attracted to yellow!

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back