Coneflowers

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

I am looking for any unusual color coneflower plants.
If you have yellow, white, pink, red, coconut etc. small plants I would love to get one start of each.
I would be GLAD to pay shipping or trade.
It will be a few more weeks before I can safely ship plants but I just want to get a jump on these plants.
I love coneflowers.
Thanks in advance.

Please tell me if these are hard to grow from seed.
I am not much of a seed starter but for these I would sure give it a try

They are super easy Dawn!
If you can find a source of a mixture of different colors you will all set!
If started in January/February they should be large enough to bloom this year, towards August/September!
It would be a fun way to start large numbers of plants for a fraction of the cost of one or two plants at the garden centres!

I love coneflowers too and want to get more colors. I have the purple. Had white but it died.
I wonder if they do have a package of different colors... Will have to look and see

Have a look at www.hardyplants.com
I like the number of seeds per pack and they have a huge inventory of perennial seeds to chose from! The prices are really good compaired to other online seed companies
This is the first year dealing with them, and so far I'm impressed with them!
Make sure you research the species to make sure about culture and care!

You're welcome Dawn!
I get lost in their inventory for hours, and have a lot of fun researching and selecting!
Make sure you come up for air every now and then!

I read somewhere that the newer colors don't always stay true. Has anyone else heard or read that?
I typed "new colors for coneflowers" in the search engine and there were several different site to choose from. One of the sites had 40 colors but they were in quart containers and very expensive.

That is so true Maggie!
All the new cultivars are mass produced clones of the original plant that was created from various means. Seeds from these clones will more then likely revert to the parentage of that particular 'mother plant' used for cloning!
In any case, a mix of various colors will produce some variations of the parents from which all these colors orginated from!
It would make a knock out display!
I refuse to pay the rediculous prices they charge for these new clones!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new plants are really pricey. I found one site that had several colors for 6-7 dollars each. That is about half what others are charging. But still a little rich.

Sandi we both know how much we love Mows. I will get some from her.
If you do have pink ones I would love to try them.
Thanks

Maybe we should go in and buy some then split them? We might each get a few and that would reduce cost.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back