Crafts From Recycled Things

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Thought I would share a little project I have been working on...I had a bunch of boxes that things had come in. Ones with lids...Then all the seeds catalogs started coming in....So I thought I would try a little decapodge ... I had my grandson help me cut up flowers out of the catalogs....I also had some paper seed paper and a huge box of dried flowers I had collected over the last few years...Here is what i came up with...The first three are cardboard boxes that I only covered the top of the boxes..two are old boxes that cards came in...I first covered them with a paper made with seeds, leaves and stems in it...then added dried flowers or paper flowers...and then sealed with a glass sealer..

Attachments

• 2003_0111flowerbox0025.JPG
    2003_0111flowerbox0025.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 402
  • 2003_0111flowerbox0022.JPG
    2003_0111flowerbox0022.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 372
  • 2003_0111flowerbox0021.JPG
    2003_0111flowerbox0021.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 379
  • 2003_0111flowerbox0020.JPG
    2003_0111flowerbox0020.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 364

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
This one is a wood box...I just covered it ...top and bottom with flowers i and my grandson cut out of the catalogs...then sealed it with a low gloss sealer....

SO do you have any craft projects you make from recycled things...? Please share them if you would like

Attachments

• 2003_0111flowerbox0018.JPG
    2003_0111flowerbox0018.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 2003_0111flowerbox0019.JPG
    2003_0111flowerbox0019.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 375

oma2

Beautiful

Debe' your boxes are fabulous. Isn't it great to have a grandson who also likes to help make creations like yours. You are inspirational! You Rock!!!
Edda

Spider_Lily

Just glancing at the photo's first the boxes look like you had painted the flowers.Then I read you decapodged them.I thought man she does beautiful painting's.They are pretty I like to recycle.

Spider_Lily

This is not a craft but I recycled these item,s.An old wood post I had from an old fence.I put it down with quick cement. Wrapped it with grape vine's which I pruned from my vine.Top is an old Christmas stand turned upside down on post.Threw in a few glass flat bead's in bottom and glued some around the top edge.Added potplant fill with water.Now I have a birdbath.

Attachments

• Bird bath 006.JPG
    Bird bath 006.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 453
  • Bird bath 001.JPG
    Bird bath 001.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 439
  • Bird bath 002.JPG
    Bird bath 002.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 454

Prowl

Do my Light Bulbs fall into this Catergry<sp?>?

Attachments

• LightBulb.jpg
    LightBulb.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 359

Kya D

Two years ago I took a LARGE log 30" across and about 18" tall that was hollowed out by nature so I took a little more from the center and filled it with soil and planted herbs in it. It looks real rustic

swindy

Debe I love the boxes you did a really great job on them. I use to use wall paper scraps to cover boxes with.We all need fancy little boxes to store our little treasures in.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Thank for all the wonderful words...
SpiderLilly ...I only wish I could paint that well...and I love the birdbath you created...it is most definantly a recycled craft...Nice job..

Prowl...those are breautiful--your light bulbs--care to share how you did them?

Prowl

OK, Here Ya Go Flower4Yeshua *Smiley*

I use Loo Paper and PVA Glue {The glue is White when wet, Drys Clear}

Wrap Wire or String around the Metle Cap {Screw or Bayonet cap}

Make Sure your Light bulb is Clean and Dry

Mix a little bit of water with your PVA Glue

Seperate the layers of Loo Paper and Tear into Strips

Smear some thined PVA on the Bulb and place Loo Paper on, Do it in Strips as it is Easyer to get a flat fiinsh

Leave to Dry Between Layers {I do Two to Three}

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Kya that sounds really cool as a planter got any pictures of it?

Sharon I also have done the boxes with wall paper it is fun...I was going to take the box's and put this in a little shop here to sell...but when hubby got home he said oyu know you could make little seed collection kits with the little boses...keep them in the cars and alwasy have supplies with you...then a friend was here from church and looking for idea's for fund rasing for the kids ...so now we are going to have everyone save for us...have the kids make them up and then have a crafts sale for them to raise some of their own funds...so with that I thought...well maybe you all will have some more idea's...like prowls light bulbs...wonder if they would be something the kids could make...

Thank you all

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
OK, Here Ya Go Flower4Yeshua *Smiley*

I use Loo Paper and PVA Glue {The glue is White when wet, Drys Clear}

Wrap Wire or String around the Metle Cap {Screw or Bayonet cap}

Make Sure your Light bulb is Clean and Dry

Mix a little bit of water with your PVA Glue

Seperate the layers of Loo Paper and Tear into Strips

Smear some thined PVA on the Bulb and place Loo Paper on, Do it in Strips as it is Easyer to get a flat fiinsh

Leave to Dry Between Layers {I do Two to Three}

Thank You dear...Not sure what Loo Paper is though...is that thin tissue paper?

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
We call them toilets here, Deb. In jolly old England, they are called the "loo".

Now see i did know that ...but it didn't click when talking paper and crafts...so it is colerful tissue paper...by Jo I am not as slow as I look...:D

Prowl

Have a Light Bulb on the Go now...
The Base is Done.... Now What Colour I'm I going to paint it and what is going to go on it?????? LOL

M

Mari-Jo

I am about as talented as a wet noodle..........lol......so I am ever ENJOYING everyone else's crafts..............what a unique idea with the birdbath, Spider Lily.........and Prowl, how neat is that on the light bulbs........they are sharp, and Debe................Love the boxes..............they are lovely!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com