Craziest thing happened with my Marjoram!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I have planted some Marjoram to give it another go around. Last time I was not successful. I know that this herb takes a will to germinate, some say 10 days or longer.

I planted the seeds on April 1st and on April 2nd I had a sprout! It wasn't just tiny either, it was a good size, looked like a week old. Only one has sprouted so far though. I know that there is no way that it is another type of seed, as I have grown my other herbs many times and this seedling looks different.

I have no idea how this is possible! Just wanted to share some crazy news. Is this really out of the ordinary? :)

There is often a stray seed that hands up in any packet of seed! I often find an odd ball in small seed species!
To confirm whether it isn't or isn't, you can pick out the seeding and pot it up!
Once it grows larger you will be better able to say what it isn't by just picking, or rubbing a leaf and give it a sniff!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back