Creamed Chicken & Biscuits

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Creamed Chicken & Biscuits

½ large onion
1-1/2 teaspoon butter
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (10-1/4 oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup sour cream
½ cup milk
½ cup chopped pimiento
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
12 biscuits

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of 11” x 7” baking dish. Chop the onion. Heat butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium/high heat until melted. Stir in onion. Saute until tender. Combine onion, chicken soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle baked layer with ¾ cup of the cheddar. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately.

Note: The chicken was grilled prior to using in the recipe. Biscuits were cut in half rather than whole biscuits placed on top. The bottoms were placed in the pan before the sauce was poured in. The top half of the biscuits were arranged on top as the recipe states. I had leftover sourdough biscuits and this was a great way to use them up.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is. I'm making that one for this evening. I picked all my winter squash yesterday and will bake a couple of butternut squash to go with it.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay, Sailor, I can hardly leave a recipe alone. I will usually stay pretty close especially if I get the recipe from a friend. I did not put the pimientos in the casserole as I know that my son-in-law and my grandson don't like them either. The original recipe called for 6 biscuits too, but I doubled the amount. They are small biscuits anyway. I have four different sizes for biscuit cutters so if I have larger biscuits I would probably cut back on the number. I also added a can of cream of mushroom soup too. The last time I made it, I tossed in a cup of frozen peas, but I didn't do that this time. I forgot. I'm going to write the peas on the recipe card though so I won't forget again. I like the peas in there. My grandson commented last time that it was much like chicken pot pie and that is his all-time favorite food.

woodstock

oh this is a keeper......I never have pimientos anyway, so I wouldnt add them, but I would add peas and carrots....and maybe mushrooms......real comfort food....thanks for this recipe.....

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are welcome. I made that recipe you gave me last week (dhili and cornbread casserole). I'm going to have to cut back on the chili powder though so the gals can handle it easier.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com