Crock Pot Recipes Link

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't have too many crock pot recipes, in my opinion. Before I retired, I used my crock pots more, often two crock pots going.

Dor

Thank you Bernie for the great recipes. I love my crockpot and my daughter and I use ours quite often. I gave my girlfriend one also and she asked for some recipes. I can send her this site.

i have started Roma, Rutgers select, patio, beefsteak, cherry, yellow tomatillo and brandy wine, black Russian and a few I can't remember. wondering if any one has a recipe for dilled green tomato's or hot pickled green tomaoto's?? Someone gave us a jar of each, I asked for the recipe a hundred times but it's like pulling out my teeth, no can do.LOL

Kya D

I find Ball and Kerr books at the thrift store pretty often Good luck finding them.
I really like the older ones they are so down to earth.

curbhopper

GREAT link, Bernie! Thanks. I think often, 'we' forget to read the recipes on the box of...Bisquick or macaroni or a bag of dry beans...I'm with you, Kya ~ simple suits me just fine. I cooked my first parsnips yesterday. Spent a LONG time on-line looking for recipes and then thought: I'm cooking them like a carrot. Turned out very tasty. Curbie

curbhopper

Someone on here can't stand them and she's a VERY good cook. Requesting information: Do I buy big ones or little ones? I know it sounds dum but I buy little crook-neck squash and zucchini. So I dont nkow if they are more bitter if large ? ? ? ~ Curbie

Kya D

My mom used to parboil parsnips and slice them lenghway then dip them in egg then seasoned flour and pan fry them.

curbhopper

Thanks, Kya! That sounds quite nice. I've heard you can boil them and add them to mashed potatoes? Do you know if that's right? Large Parsnips or small parsnips? I tasted one raw. It really seemed like a carrot but white. I like them. Thanks ! Curbie :)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes large can mean tougher veggies. One year my root vegetables grew to huge sizes but they were not tough. I had parsnips that were 5" across the crown and 18" long.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com