cross pollination

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenState

What vegetables will cross pollination.
I have cucumbers and pickles.
2 types of tomatoes.
2 types of peppers.

Do I have to septate any of these an if so how far?

Tomatoes are self pollinating so there is no issue over saving named varieties!
Cucs will cross pollinate so you may not get the same plants if you save seeds from the fruit!

I have planted my pepper and tomatoes and cucumbers in row next to each other without any problems. I don't save seed and it has been working for me for years. I just try to rotate so I am not planting the same vegetable in the same location. From year to year.

Peppers are the only concern you have there. Do you have both sweet and hot peppers? I plant mine about 300 feet apart. My sweets in the front yard and my hots in the back. I have had them cross.
If you personally only have one type, unless you have close neighbors that have planted something different, you won't need to worry. ;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back