Deer

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

Buford yelled at me to get the camera this morning and this is what we saw. There is a wheat field across the road from us and this beautiful creature was heading toward our house. I got the last picture as she was going around the house.

Attachments

• Copy of deer 1.jpg
    Copy of deer 1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Copy of deer 2.jpg
    Copy of deer 2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Copy of deer 3.jpg
    Copy of deer 3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 303

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I missed deer and Turkeys this morning. I had so much going on I just didn't have time to get the camera.
Don't you just love having nature at your back door? Nice pics

I just mainly have rabbits around my house. I was weedeating around the yard and found a rabbit nest with three little babies. They are grown and gone now. We saw them hopping around the yard a few days ago. I saw another full grown one last night.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kya, we have mule deer east of the Cascade Mtns., blacktail deer over most of the western part of the state and some whitetail deer in the northwest part of the state.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have lots of them in my yard all the time
i hate them as they eat everything in my yard so i can not have my yard landscaped like i would like to have

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've tried hair, plastic bags, radio, pie plates, soap, and other stuff. I make an egg, garlic, oil, and water mixture that i spray if it's not going to rain.My mom and I save the eggs that are cracked and I freeze them and use them for this. I've used liquid fence but that's expensive to use all the time It does last during the rain but not sure if it would have the last week as we've had alot of heavy rain.
They get used to things so you have to keep changing them. I want them out of the yard cause of the deer ticks too. Wish I would win the lottery so I could fence off the yard to keep them out and have some pine trees cut down that are close to the house and the ticks seems to hang around them.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are going to have a bad year for ticks and fleas. UGH! Double edge sword. Maybe you just need to start filling the freezer;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com