Do Not Delay ...Start Your Diet Today

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok now no excuses. I wanted to start this thread last week but had computer troubles.
This is a judgment free zone! You can bare all or none but this is the palce to share victories and set backs. Share your tricks and tips to reduce the hips! :)
I am getting serious today!

I had yogart for breakfast and a home grown salad for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet.

Last edited:

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well we all know that a diet alone won't do, I know you need to move that body to get rid of the extra pounds. I walk 2 to 3 miles a day and work out at curves 3 times a week. This not only lets me lose some but keeps my blood sugar levels down, Since I started curves in May I've cut my insulin back 4 units. This is a big deal for me. I haven't lost much but every time I see the scale I know I'm not really gaining either. That is a big thing for me.
I suggest if you can't walk a long way then start by walking 5 min. after that is comfortable then you can up it a little. That is how I started when I was doing rehab for my heart. I did 5 min and in 8 weeks I got up to 20 minutes then I found a gym I could afford and upped that to 30 minutes and 3 miles, I even got a t shirt for walking 100 miles on the treadmill. It was a start. When I moved down here my daughter had a walk planned out that was 1 1/2 miles that I did, I've gradually added more steps so we are up to about 3 miles a day. It gives me energy and my dog loves it, but like I said you have to start slowly.
And then you have to eat healthy food in moderate amounts. I'm in on this thread, I still have about 25 more pounds to lose. I'm almost fat instead of obese. Never thought I'd want to be fat.lol

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I'm in with you both....Started back on my "eating correctly" and thankfully able to begin walking once again....I had bear mush (hot wheat cereal) with goji berries for breakfast.
I was walking 5 miles a day...but will have to start back at 2 miles a day...I also do weights on my balance ball...and a good strech in the mornings and also an hour before bed...don't forget to drink that water...just like with compost ...water really helps to keep things going hot...LOL....I also find that if I eat 4 to 5 small meals a day with correct portions I do much better...I try not to eat anything after 6 pm as I go to bed by 8:30 to 9....

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have started my diet a few days ago. Trying to cut out my sugars and most of my starches. Blew it today!!! Friends we have been helping start up a used appliance store took us to Long Horn Steak House. Didn't do bad got salad ribeye small baked potato. Messed up with the bread but will watch what I eat tonight. Hopefully we can encourage each other to stay on the straight and narrow.

Today I made the dicision to start bowling daily again (at least 3 games) and to get out of the house daily for something other than the grocery store. Scores? 157,123,143.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today I made the dicision to start bowling daily again (at least 3 games) and to get out of the house daily for something other than the grocery store. Scores? 157,123,143.
Great start!!! Love those scores, know I couldn't do that good. You GO!!!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
3 games a day every day? If you bowled where I do on occasion, you'd be looking at some serious money bowling 3 games daily... I think it's like $5 per game...

1.75 per game here. 2 bucks for a large diet soda. The boys and I started bowling 2 years ago. Col's average is 181, CB's is 163. I haven't been bowling as much this year, so I thought I would get back into it. We used to bowl anywhere from 7-14 games a day.

Went back to the whole diet thing after Christmas...those holidays really do it to ya lol. I have about 20 lbs to lose to be around my "ideal" weight. After that I may hold that weight or I may lose just 5 more lbs depending. It will be off of looks by that point rather than what I weigh. If I gain quite a bit of muscle mass I may stop early. I haven't been exercising for a while (not since it got cold and I quit exercising at all because I was busy slaving away canning veggies and jams). Hubby and I are going to do the P90X workout. Almost guaranteed to make it melt off but not for the feint of heart lol. I did a workout sort of like that a year or so ago and it was HARD but I lost 18 lbs. My hubby seems to think I am tougher than I really am and he sometimes gets me to believing it so that I will do this kind of thing with him lol.

I have done the lowcarb diet in 05.I lost 60lbs.But I got so depressed after my brother passed away.Most of the weight has found me again.So I too have found myself on a diet.I have done ok except for one day.I had a strawberry slush it was so good.But didn,t need the sugar.I have done good today no sweets.I walk in the afternoons almost 4 miles.I had my route planned out but some stupid person decided they would unload their deer remains.After their hunting trip in my country road.Can,t walk it now.
I wish they would ban deer hunting here.

Do any of you have any menu's to share ?
Tonight I had

grilled chicken tenders
green beans
green salad
boiled egg
Diet mountain dew and glass of water.

I have had almost 1 gallon of water today so I'm floating alone.

Maggie

Water is the best thing in the world for dieting. I would like to lose 20lbs. but hubby says no that I would be to skinny but what does he know. I have found that if I don't eat anything after 4 pm that its really easy to maintain my weight. I wish I lived closer to the YMCA so I could go at least a couple times a week. My insurance pays for my membership so thats no problem.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Water is the best thing in the world for dieting...
It really is. I went through Nutra-System a few years back and that was one of the key things they emphasize (along with exercise and reduction of calories.)

They suggest 8 glasses of water per day. Trust me, if you actually drink that much, you will lose weight. It works! Not sure if it's the water or the 46 trips to the bathroom you make adding up to walking an extra mile a day, but it works...

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
All great points! And yes water is my best tool. I was in a very active job prior to this desk job and just since I started in July I have gained 14 pounds back that I had worked not too hard to loose. Somehow they found me I guess it was because I sat down in one place. My exercise is very limited to just houseworke and the yard & garden. I am at work at 8 and leave at 5. The neighborhood is mostly business and is not a great area to walk. I could drive to the river front but by the time i get there i have to come back. So I have been working through lunch. And the lack of a companion to walk with keeps me inside. Ok I know too many excuses.
Today I weighed in with a .5 lb loss. Yippy That's a start.
Lunch today is Triscuit's. Which I love they are high in fiber and fill you up.10 crackers is 120 calories and 40 from fat so not to bad.I had my coffee this morning and did not get a second cup which cut sugar and cream in half for today! I have my water on my desk. I am not starving myself just cutting back on calories as I am not expending energy and should not need as much. I do have a 100 calorie bag of pop corn just incase.I removed the candy bowl from my desk to across the room and have done very well since before Christmas by not going to it. It was easy when it was sitting on my desk:( The funny thing is I really don't eat that much It's just this major change in my activity level. I was hoping the new camera would get me moving a bit more and it has but time is a major factor. There is only one gym in town and all the cops are there first thing in the morning and the fees are outrageous for a dump of a gym. Not even a steam room!

Alright I'll be the first one I am weighing in today = 147 Lbs.
Maybe we can use this thread to keep track and gain (maybe not the right word) encouragement from each other

I'll post losses in green and gains in red

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is raining and in the 40's this morning. I think I will put off the walk until later today. The rain is to go away by noon. I did go to curves yesterday and worked on the machines I can. I had hand surgery last fri so can not grip anything.
I am going to try to lay off the coffee more. Morning coffee is enough and then I need to shift to water again. I can get hooked on coffee and forget to drink the water. My doctor likes to remind me that I dehydrate very easily and it is hard on the kidneys. Need to remember that. Water. Maybe I will make a sign. I found a cool bottle at curves to carry and I have a brita pitcher.
Now I have to watch what I eat and not to snack after supper. Evenings is my bad time of the day. I like to watch tv and snack old habit goes back to a very early age.
I need to stay honest with myself. I weighed in this morning at 174.

Can't walk today raining flashflood warnings.But I have done a excersises inside.
I have had this morning
2 scrambled eggs
2 pieces of bacon
2 cups coffee and water
I have along way to go on the gallon but will get it before the day is gone.
I don,t know whats for Dinner tonight.

Dor

I have more or less started a lifestyle change instead of trying to diet. I started watching what I eat about 3 months ago. I weighed this morning for the first time in 3 months and I have lost a total of 22 pounds. I need to kick up the exercise but it is very painfull with the Rheumatoid Arthritis. I guess I can start with the 5 minute walks and add more as it gets easier for me. I will start today walking to the stop signs on my street. I am going back to the sports center and I can do the Water aerobics and ride the bicycle.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dor I have heard that water aerobics are good for people with arthritis. I have some but not bad. I do know that the more you can move the better it is for you. Some days my knee hurts when I start but feels better when I get done. Good luck Congratulations on the loss of 22 pounds.

Dor

Thanks Lyn. I have had a good couple of months. My RA hasn't been active in a few months. I get an IV every 4 weeks to keep it under control, sometimes it doesn't work. My left knee, left heel, left side of my neck, and right forearm is what is bothering me right now. I have been putting away Christmas decorations, cleaning the refrigerator, just trying to stay active doing some things I haven't been able to do a lot of in the past. I have to do a little and stop but at least I can do them now.

The water aerobics has worked for me in the past and riding the bicycle. Walking on hard surfaces is not too good for me. It cause lots of pain in my feet and my knees. Yes the moving does help a lot. I have had my right knee replaced but really don't have any plans to do that to the left. I may have to arthoscopic surgery on it but I want to wait as long as I can. I might do it in the fall so that I can be ready for next springs planting season. I am beginning to limp from the pain and I want to be able to work in my gardens come spring time.

Good luck to you. You are really doing well.

One reason drinking all the water helps lose weight is that your body does not retain as much water and you lose water weight. Plus your stomach is of course a bit fuller and you are less hungry.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com