Do you know?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

Do you know what the heck this is?I was out at our barn found this growing never seen it before.So you know I had to investigate.I reached down grabed hold was going to pull one up and look at it.That thing stung the snot out of my finger's they still feel like they have been burned today numb like.

Attachments

• Mom's flowers 001.JPG
    Mom's flowers 001.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Mom's flowers 002.JPG
    Mom's flowers 002.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 310
  • Mom's flowers 003.JPG
    Mom's flowers 003.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 304

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stinging nettle!
You can cook it and eat it. Cooking makes the leaves safe. It's great in an omlette!

Annette99

Stinging nettle. Avons skin so soft will take thee sting out instantly. I carry a stick(like a deoderant stick) of it with when I hike. It also works as an insect repellant.

Spider_Lily

Stinging nettle!
You can cook it and eat it. Cooking makes the leaves safe. It's great in an omlette!
I'm not eating it:eek:LOL I took my trusty hoe to it this morning.I have no clue where it came from unless it came in a bale of horse hay.But it's hopefully gone now.:)

Kya D

I don't blame you for taking it out. I know it has some good properties but I want nothing to do with it.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bella, I knew you were from Oz, but I just saw the location at the upper right corner and it said south Australia. It reminded me of an old sea-faring song and the particular phrase was, "And I'm bound for South Austaralia." I can hear that song in my head now and will probably listen to it again before the day is over.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com