Do you plan your garden?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Since spring is approaching, I'm wondering how many folks plan out there garden, and if so, how do you do it?

I'll admit, I don't plan mine. My garden is small, and I don't do veggies, mostly just landscape and ornamental plants. So my method is the "Go the garden center, buy what looks cool, get it home and try to find a place for it..." Granted, not the best approach.

I've seen some lovely hand drawn sketches showing exactly where everything will go, sometimes even on graph paper and done to scale. I'm impressed, but that's far too much work for my needs.

How do the rest of you plan your gardens?

Gardengoddess

Most of the time planning is “hey honey, let’s figure out what bed shape will be easiest for you to mow around” and I go from there lol. Once I did plan a shrub garden on graph paper. It came out pretty. My biggest challenge is actually finding the plants in my plan.

Reactions: bob

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
My problem is the only space left in my backyard that gets enough sun is the deck. Don't ask me why. so containers it is.

MaryHansen

I am also planning to design a garden in the backyard of my home this time. I just want to get some basic tips of planting flowers that can grow easily so thinking to get in contact with the landscape designer. Also, I am a bit afraid of mite infestation which can damage my plants. A very close friend of mine is referring me to hire a Pest Control Trumbull CT team for organic pest spraying in my garden. Hope that all goes really well.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com