Does anyone know about date seeds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

cassiegerald

I planted a date seed that was in a box of dates and it has now been planted for about 2 months and it hasnt sprouted yet...does anyone know about how long it would take a date seed to sprout and take root,,I planted one many years ago and it seemed like it took forever to sprout but it eventually did,,can anyone share any info with me...thank you for your kindness and time,,take care God bless you and your loved ones,,,Cassie;)

Hi Cassie, I know very little, but I do know that they must be soaked before planting and placed in a sealed container in a very warm situation to germinate. The seeds if they're fresh can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, hope that helps you a bit:)

Re: Dates

Thank you for your postings,,I appreciate it so very much,,,I will take out the seed and soak it and then replant it in a warm place and seal it off,,I didnt think of that,,,thank you so much for your kindness and time ,,take care God bless you and your loved ones,,,Cassie:)

hi to all.. actually im a fan of those delicious dates. my uncle had just brought some from dubai.. and they're really good.. well, i was lucky to find some details on how to plant these remarkable fruit and have a good day everyone.. :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back