Easy fun jello cake

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Now wait ~ I have a great idea ~ You could stack those pies if we started with a pie on the bottom, inserted shish kabob skewers (flat side down), then put pie #2 on top and poke it 'down' onto the pointy part of the skewers......see, Randy ! YOU CAN make a stacking wedding pie ! Geez, now I have to come up with something clever to say.....I'll figure it out! ~ :) Curbs

I LOVE jello cake..but alas
a whole cake would almost all go to waste as I am the only one who would eat it and I could not eat a whole cake in a week

I alway made Strawberry cakes (can't have cherry)

no I don't think so....
I think they used to be called "Rainbow cakes"
and if memery serves me correctly they also had one made with puddin instead of jello I am remembering pistachio pudding in a yellow cake....

loves pistachio pudding....:D

I can tell you it does not freeze (not that I tried it :) ) but if you make it in 2 square cake pans, someone gets to take one home. Blue, call me and we can share one ( well, i don't share well with others but I will try) . MTM got a Cayman cookbook while we were away and I swear, in these last 2 days of his vacation, he has tried to make every recipe in this book ~ good story about this lady who cooked on the island for 45 years and these recipes, so far, are really tasty. She was born in 1925 and died in 2010. ~ Crubie :)

Yeah Curbie is back. Now all we need is for some one to sing.

*Ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead*

Oh wait you meant a welcome back song......:rolleyes:

to the music of Happy Birthday

*Welcome back ms Curbies, welcome back ms curbies, welcome back ms curbies...we shore did miss you!!!*

Thank you all :) Missed my friends and that LOVER-ly song, BlueWolf! It was funny one time when MTM and I were walking on the beach and he said,"I'm surprised you're not singing. You OK?" Uh, when you have tinnitus, it's easy to ALWAYS sing-along with your ear. We actually went to hear some ♫ one night across te street from our hotel and I started singing along (we have their CD). At a break, one of the guys came over and said,"You must be a native b/c NObody knows all the words to us." I couldn't resist singing: DOWN in Jamaica we've got...LOTS of pretty women.. MTM said,"do not encourage her..." It was great! Watching all this rainy weather down there, I am quite grateful we are home (well, kind of....well...that was a fib :) ) ~ Curbs

Attachments

• GC 2010 Sept 260 (2)  EM.jpg
    GC 2010 Sept 260 (2) EM.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 323
  • cayman 3 148 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 3 148 (2) EM.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 351
  • cayman 3 294 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 3 294 (2) EM.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 342
  • cayman 9-08 001 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 9-08 001 (2) EM.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1038 (2) 150 x.jpg
    IMG_1038 (2) 150 x.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 332
Curbie,
I never get tired of looking at you r pictures. Thanks for sharing.
I missed your singing while you were gone. I am glad you are back. Please sing ma an Island Song.

Yeah an island song would be good. No one was talking at first when you left and then we realized curbie was not here. love ya girl.

hmmmmm, she must still be unpacking. Either that or she is off dancing and singing without us :(

I believe she has been having computer problems. With all that rain it is something that could be affecting her computer. I know when the lines at my daughters house get wet they are always without the computer. I don't think we have much of that with cable. So we can talk about her until she gets back on.
Come on Crabber we can put on hula skirts and pretend Curbie is here.

Where's our Curbie?
She's probably out in her garden still pulling weeds!

I'm having a craving for some Carrot Cake!
Do any of you have a 'famous' recipe?

Hm....I honestly do not nkow to whom this award should be awarded to :). Lyn is right about computer problems ~ 7 hours Thursday on it and 5 hours Friday on it. And, yes, believe it or not, I AM still unpacking! It's all the farfell left now. One of the guys we owns a bar down on Cayman Brac asked if I had any extra Steeler stuff b/c he wants to decorate his bar with Steeler stuff.....moi.......Stiller stuff? So, instead of paying bills and UNPACKING :), I've been rummaging around through boxes to figure out what to send him that MTM won't miss (uh, the black and gold wig? THAT would be missed!). I'm glad I haven't bored too many with pictures. The only other island I've been to is Bermuda (MUCH closer) but there is 'no place like home' for me. I don't nkow if you can look up High Tide on Amazon ~ that's who we listen to (and I've sung with). But this island is SUCH a happy relaxed place. There is almost no crime, chickens wander out on the roads, and if one more local sayd,"MOVE DOWN HERE b/c I have a JOB for you!", I just might. There is a HUGE need for tutoring ~ and of course, I wouldn't know what I'm teaching. They speak 4 languages. We wanted to see what the Ritz was like (b/c we pmet their chefs playing volleyball at Rum Point). I said to MTM ~ "uh, let's go to Hammerheads." We stopped to take a look at a house that is for sale and the lady from across the street (VERY local~fries fish in her front yard)came over to sya what a nice community they had (all 8 houses). I just 'know' I belong there. :) Curbs (These are from Mike's first time there ~ Febuary. Loved the Turtle Farm :)

Attachments

• Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 330
  • cayman 2005 058 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 2005 058 (2) EM.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 356
  • cayman 2005 116 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 2005 116 (2) EM.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 344
  • cayman 2005 103 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 2005 103 (2) EM.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 354
  • cayman 2005 073 (2)  EM.jpg
    cayman 2005 073 (2) EM.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 349

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back