Enchilada Sauce

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

latebloomer

1 to 3 Tablespoons Chili powder (start with one Tablespoon and then add to taste)

3 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cocoa (unsweetened)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano

1 teaspoon of beef stock base or 2 bouillon cubes
3 cups water
8 oz. tomato sauce

In medium pan stir together dry ingredients. Slowly add water breaking up any lumps. Stir in tomato sauce and beef stock base or bouillon cubes. Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens. Use in your favorite recipe.

p.s. if you like it really hot add red chili flakes or a pinch of cayenne

Last edited:

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love Mexican foods. We have build a burrito night and the kids come over and we just have a blast.
Here is a little kind of like pesto but they don't call it that in the resturants.

one bunch of cilantro minced
3 clove of garlic minced
1 tsp powdered garlic
mix together cover with olive oil

serve this over meats and fish as a compliment wow is it good.

swindy

Latebloomer thanks for the receipt it looks great. I worked in a mexican restaurant in CA. that put peanut butter in their enchilada sauce.

Crabber your sauce sounds very tasty I am going to have to try it. I love Cilantro

latebloomer

I used to put peanut butter in my chili but with the increase in allergies and the PB contamination, I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was talking to a couple of teenage girls at church the other day and asked them if they had ever put peanuts in their coke. They had never heard of such a thing. I guess it's a southern thing.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was talking to a couple of teenage girls at church the other day and asked them if they had ever put peanuts in their coke. They had never heard of such a thing. I guess it's a southern thing.

It must be as I have never heard of that either....

Dor

I remember Randy. I also remember sucking peppermint and jolly ranchers apple in a lemon.

I bought some peanuts for my 8 year old grandson when we went to the corner store. I tried to show him how to put them in his soda. He didn't want to but wanted to drink my soda with the peanuts in it.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laurie, I wouldn't expect you to know about the peanuts in the coke. LOL I don't know if that is restricted to the southland, but that is where the practice started, I'm sure. It may have even started with Dr. Pepper and that one started in Texas. I remember they used to advertise that you should have a Dr. Pepper at 10:00, 2:00, and 4:00. That would rot your teeth out.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy peanuts and Pepsi is definitely a Southern "thing". I will be 60 this year and have done it all my life. When Dewey became a diabetic 16+ years ago we switched to peanuts and diet Mountain Dew. People don't knock it til you try it. hehehehe

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't had a can/bottle of regular pop since I was diagnosed with diabetes. I didn't drink that much of it anyway, but I have bought some diet root beer and diet Dr. Pepper. I don't drink much of it though. I'll have to pick up some peanuts though and gross my wife out. LOL I like to tease her about being a German and a Yankee. She takes it pretty well.

richnkim

Rich buys soda pop in bottles when he can. He likes this Creme Soda, I can't remember the brand. He gets it at WalMart!
Randy, tell her to try it she might just like it! LOL

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can suggest it to her. About the only pop she will drink is diet root beer. I always liked cream soda. There is a local brewery in Portland that makes a cream soda that is very tasty. I haven't had any for quite a few years though. They make several other non-alcoholic beverages as well and they get a pretty fancy price for them.

swindy

If you like c ream soda and have trouble finding it use club soda with vanilla syrup.Boy it is so good.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
RC & peanuts with a moon pie! Wow, what a memories especially when it was so hot the the roads would melt. Tar on your feet and a huge shade tree.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, my goodness! I haven't had a moon pie for a hundred years. Well, almost a hundred years. LOL

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com