Faerie gardens, or minature gardens

Discussion in 'Theme Gardens' started by flwrs4ever, Nov 29, 2008.

1. flwrs4ever

flwrs4ever New Member

Hello, I am interested in making a minature garden..or faerie garden. Does anyone have pictures, or suggestions ?

Id love to know what plants would be good. What have you used to make decorations ?

TIA

2. Mainegal

Mainegal Super Moderator Staff Member

I have minature hosta and mini irises
    if they spread, I'll get some to you

3. Mainegal

Mainegal Super Moderator Staff Member

oh yeah i'm anxious to see what other people have for minis and what they use in their gardens

4. flwrs4ever

flwrs4ever New Member

thanks Laurie, I am looking forward to people telling me about their mini gardens...:cool:

5. sfishergirl

sfishergirl New Member

I dont have a mini garden but a really good faerie plant is mayapple

6. Annette99

Annette99 New Member

Another is campanula rotundifolia also called harebell, So tiny,delicate and a long bloomer here.

7. BelleFlower

BelleFlower Guest

Yes there are many nice plants that you could incorporate into a fairy garden for example the Downy WoodMint, they have a sort of pixie look to them. Also you could try some of my favorites it may look odd but they are called Doll Eye Perennials and would add some flair to your garden. I hope your garden turns out well post pics once it is finished,I buy all of my plants from an Online Nursery local grown from Tennessee.

Please post pics when your done with the garden you've got me interested in it!:D

Hope this helps
    Have a Great Day

Manda Dixon

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  8. epiphyte

epiphyte New Member

Uh, what's a fairy garden?

9. Wombat

Wombat Active Member

10. Kya D

Kya D Active Member

I am planning to make a fairie garden in an old metal wheelbarrow, the only problem I have run into is to find small farm animals to go in it.

11. shaziakhurpi

shaziakhurpi New Member

What a neat idea Wombat. So did you end up making the garden?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk