flower pot

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was looking for a cute flower pot to put my prayer plant in and I found this one at wal-mart for $20 Isn't it cute. Where do you find the pots you put your plants in? I don't kno wif you can see the cup's handle but it is there.

Attachments

• P1310004.JPG
    P1310004.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 401

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice pot Lyn, can't see the handle
I look at yardsales and thrift shops for them.

swindy

Lynn I can see the handle on the left of the cup. That's really cute . I look at home depot Micheals garage sales and I did get a bunch from floral supplies companies while I was in the Floral Ind.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's really pretty Lyn. I've seen those at Wal-mart, they have a nice color assortment.
I check out thrift stores too Laurie. I've found a lot of nice pots and baskets there. I got into brass one year but those I had to put a liner of sorts inside to keep from ruining the container. Brass is not the way to go for plants!!

sfishergirl

I saw them at christmas and hinted that I wanted one but didnt get one and now they are all gone. I found one last summer at a garage sale that is in the shape of a shell but havent figured out what to put in it yet it will probably end up in my garage sale this year lol

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh gosh, I use all kinds of things to plant in. I've used real sea shells and threw in a pansys and some creeping succulents. I used one of hubby's old thrown away work shoes for a planter..made a good conversation piece!! LOL
A water bucket, an old wheel barrow..anything that will hold dirt!

Spider_Lily

I saw some of those yesterday at Wal-Mart large cup and saucer beautiful colors.But I was more interested in the rose bushes they have.I had to bring a few home.
Pink Promise,Melondy,Double Delight,Rio Samba.

M

Mari-Jo

lyn......love the tea cup flower pot..I have one as well, but not as big, I don't think. Mine has drainage holes, in the cup part, but doesn't drain all that well. Have a hard time growing anything in it.

Soider_Lily..............your rose bushes sound lovely. I only have a couple plus some mini's. Waiting to see how my Pink Knockout does this year....its certainly well protected with the snow now.......:)

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lyn
I saw your flower pot at Walmart tonight. I really like them but don't need one right now

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
lyn......love the tea cup flower pot..I have one as well, but not as big, I don't think. Mine has drainage holes, in the cup part, but doesn't drain all that well. Have a hard time growing anything in it.

Soider_Lily..............your rose bushes sound lovely. I only have a couple plus some mini's. Waiting to see how my Pink Knockout does this year....its certainly well protected with the snow now.......:)

Mari-jo, I have a couple of pots that don't drain well either so I put a layer or two of those shipping peanuts in the bottom before adding soil. Works good for me

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know I've planted a lot of plants in things that weren't supposed to be flower pots. I used to have a big canning kettle out of the blue granite. I punched some hole in it and put some asparagus fern in it. It made a nice planter outside. I was going to move it with me when I came down here but I didn't have room left in the car so I gave most of my plants away. since I've been here I've gotta some nice things growing. I love the way the prayer plant folds its leaves.
I went to wal-mart yesterday and picked up a double delight and a blaze climber roses. Hubby is supposed to build a trellis for it soon. then next year he will put up another trellis on the other side of the steps and then make it an arbor. It works best if hubby does projects in stages. I'm working on the back yard. I got some iris to plant and a white bleeding heart. I think they are so cool.
the tulips are poking through the ground. so spring must be here.

M

Mari-Jo

Mari-jo, I have a couple of pots that don't drain well either so I put a layer or two of those shipping peanuts in the bottom before adding soil. Works good for me

Great...thanks for the tip:)

M

Mari-Jo

You know I've planted a lot of plants in things that weren't supposed to be flower pots. I used to have a big canning kettle out of the blue granite. I punched some hole in it and put some asparagus fern in it. It made a nice planter outside. I was going to move it with me when I came down here but I didn't have room left in the car so I gave most of my plants away. since I've been here I've gotta some nice things growing. I love the way the prayer plant folds its leaves.
I went to wal-mart yesterday and picked up a double delight and a blaze climber roses. Hubby is supposed to build a trellis for it soon. then next year he will put up another trellis on the other side of the steps and then make it an arbor. It works best if hubby does projects in stages. I'm working on the back yard. I got some iris to plant and a white bleeding heart. I think they are so cool.
the tulips are poking through the ground. so spring must be here.

Wish I was seeing tulips at this point......:) The Blaze rose is a beauty.....I have way too many iris at this point, but my white bleeding heart went crazy on me.......such a nice plant. I have the pink one as well, which I divide and give to people every other year........your trellis will look lovely with the Blaze on it, I'm sure.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
My husband said that our grass in the yard is beginning to grow. It was 75 outside today and felt like late spring.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gloria
I use the packing peanuts in the bottom of my 1/2 oak barrrels before I put the dirt in so they are not so heavy. I've used them in alot of planters for drainage and for weight control, sure is less heavy then putting rocks in the bottom of planters

K

Kale

Lyn,
Very Pretty , and yes I see the handle!:)

Double Delight and a Climbing Blaze roses!!!!

Fishergirl...DO NOT HINT >>>INSTEAD ...GRAB/ BUY!!*LOL

Spider Lily! Simply lovely OH MY!!! are you a Blessed!
Pink Promise = soft and beautiful!
Melody Parfumee' looks like Angel Face!,We all agree Double Delight is stunning!
Rio Samba looks a little like Pinata and Josephs Coat e will need pics in the rose threads for sure!!!

I bought all my pots from yards sales and 2nd hand stores.My favorite store closed up a few years ago.I don't go too much any more to the others but if I see one any sales place that steals my heart, I usually manage to walk out with it:)(Hubby comes along and stresses how I have to buy it and the price isn't too high if I love it *LOL) He's a great shopper!

Yes Mainegal, I use them and my neighbors look at me like I'm nuts moving what would be a 60lb pot I just lift it and move it where ever I want *LOL
Full of peanuts... that is what they are*LOL
Just make certain you do not get the dissolving peanuts made from vegetable *LOL

Now back to pots*LoL
outdoors if it holds soil or water there is a plant in it.
I have boots that are going out this year with a plant or two in them *LOL
I inherited beautiful boots from Italy *(too small ) that I use as a display piece indoors.:)

BTW give that climbing blaze a little time to get a good root system you wont be sorry Id say 2yeas at least,but should get showers of blooms the first.:)
Kale:)

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member

I did this the other day with a new pot and plant...turned out they were the organic packing peanuts....POOOFFFF all gone once the water hit them...OY:cool:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com