Friendly Forum Reunion

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok guys! Seems like a lot of us have been together for a long time. Some of us have been MIA for a while. Thought it might be a good place to check in and see who here. So if you want to be found, or you want to find someone check in a post>
I have tried to stay in contact one way or another since many of the changes began.
I remember our road trips virtural, and some of our real ones (Laurie, Anne and others) I have a picture at home of a quaint little "Rita" hut in Florida with some friends. We had gift , card and seed exchanges(that's before the economy took a dive) What great friendship we cultivated. I really look forward to our new begining!

Any memories you want to share.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw your post about the thread so been waiting for you to start it..
I was one of the first ones to join GG when Jackie and Bob started it. I have met some wonderful people in all the yrs.
Bob When did you guys start GG?
I've have been extremely lucky to have met some wonderful people in person.
I went to a gathering in NH and met some old members 5-6 I think it was.
I flew to FL and met Crabbergirl and she took us to Disney to meet Anne from the Netherlands. I have those Rita Hut pics also Nancie.... It was a great day.
I went to another gathering in CT and some of the same ppl were there from the one in NH and a new one from Minnesota I think it's where she lives. I went to Oregon July 07 and stayed with Randy for 8 days. I got to met Debe ,Scarez, Gardengoddess, mysrewsbeloose (some of you will remember her) and some others. . I got to jam with Randy and we made blueberry. It sure was yummy over the vanilla ice cream. The root beer floats were yummy too and I hadn't had one for yrs. I had an awesome time. I got to spend at least a day with Scarez at Randy's after everyone left. I went to the zoo with Debe, her daughter and Phillip who is a darling boy and spent alot of time with Debe and of course spent a lot of time with Randy and Marcia Fay. This yr I went to NJ and met Swindyi and Brassi and on the way home I stopped in RI and met Flwrs4ever. I've met Bobbi aka Woodstock a few times when she has come to Maine
Hoping to be able to meet some others too.
Looking forward to reading other memories

Last edited:

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I forgot to say that I have talked with Kale on the phone as she helped me get a little discount on my mantis when I was buying it.

I joined GG I think in 2002/2003. I lurked for awhile and what pulled my in especially was the famed Pinky thread! It was too hilarious to not read from first post to last. Then of course all the wonderful people I met along the way. I went from a container gardener (with maybe 10 containers or so) to well...........let's just say you all taught me acres worth. I am so glad that Bob started this site, where so many dear friends could reconnect......THANKS BOB!!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Hummm...I joined GG about 6 years ago...shartly after joining I was blessed to go and care for my sister in her last days...when I got back home and came back on GG...I was belssed to have a wonderful tipe on a thread called The GreenHouse...Weddie, Maribeth, Moby and I started out talking abouy actual GH...but then somewhere along the line it turned into a chat thread and we laughed and laughed...My DH was a bit concerned at first that it seemed I had lost my mind laughing so much ...so hard ...right after the loss of my dear sister...It was one thing that got me through the mourning...I have so many great friends to this day from GG...have been blessed to have meet many and still talk with many on the phone ofter...

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob When did you guys start GG?
I honestly have no idea...

Even so, we go back further than that. I originally started a gardening forum on GEnie, back before the days of the web. (It was a dial up BBS). Then I moved to Delphi, and did the gardening forum there for quite a while. Jackie and I got in touch through that one, and at some point she hired me to help on GardenGuides.

I don't know dates on any of those sites. But I can say that as far as doing web stuff goes, I'm older than dirt. :)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I just looked, Gardenguides was registered in 1997. I don't know how long after that we set up the forum. I think it was a little while after she started the site since she had all the "guides" stuff up and online already.

I joined GG in 04. I had just moved into my Milwaukie, Or home where the yard had been neglected for a very long time. I remember that Oregon gathering in 07. You forgot Mammabear and her brood. I also remember a virtual Christmas party in the land down under. I want to say Wombat was the "host".

Dora/Garden Goddess

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I lose track of the years also. But there was a time when a small number of us, NancyB, Herbyann, LynPenny, and DixieMare found GG and set up residence there. We had been on Delphi for several years before that. I see the nucleus of a pretty neat bunch of people here.

I don't remember

I really don't remember when I first met a passel of ya'll. I do remember that when I first joined GG, there was Herbyannes nook and the subject at the time was a virtual trip to Hogwarts to have Halloween with Harry Potter. Randy had just gotten a birdbath in the ocean on the flight on a broom to the castle. I was intrigued with the whole group of people who seemed to visit often as well as offer a wealth of knowledge about gardening. One by one I met many of you who have become some of my best friends.

I've never met any of you in person, but have talked on the phone to a few and hope never to lose contact with any of you. What a reunion this is.

Thank you Bob, for giving us a place to communicate and learn from some of the nicest people on the planet. Marie K

I jpined up when I was laid off and about to lose my sanity. No money but lots of time to spend, at least I could visit with my GG friends. That was about 5-6 years ago. Unfortunately , I just found out I will be laid off froim my present job in Feb or March as the center is closing. You guys will probably save my sanity again this time around

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy,
Thanks for mentioning DixieMare!
If I remember correctly she lives in Oregon.
Would anyone have her e-mail address after all these years?

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another one comes to mind, Veloer. He's lives, or did live, in Athens Alabama.
A few others are Jenna (Dragonstar),
Jennybeany,
ncblues

M

Mari-Jo

Hummm...I joined GG about 6 years ago...shartly after joining I was blessed to go and care for my sister in her last days...when I got back home and came back on GG...I was belssed to have a wonderful tipe on a thread called The GreenHouse...Weddie, Maribeth, Moby and I started out talking abouy actual GH...but then somewhere along the line it turned into a chat thread and we laughed and laughed...My DH was a bit concerned at first that it seemed I had lost my mind laughing so much ...so hard ...right after the loss of my dear sister...It was one thing that got me through the mourning...I have so many great friends to this day from GG...have been blessed to have meet many and still talk with many on the phone ofter...

Its a wonder we didn't get booted..............LOL LOL .............
I as well, have met many friends through GG, Jules, Ron, Debe, Herby, Weedie, Mainegal, prettylady, and the list goes on.........this year I hope to collect more phone numbers, so I can actually talk with people. We have a new phone system here, that now I can call anywhere in Canada and the USA....with no extra charge.
On GG, I can remember the first that welcomed me, and that was Crabbergirl.........she made me feel so welcomed.
Thanks again Bob, this is great to get in touch with old friends again, and spend "too much time" on the computer...........:D......although come the nice weather, if it ever gets here, that will change when one thinks they have "so much to do outside", but will always keep in touch...........:)

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have enjoyed reading about your long term friendships ..gosh ..I feel left out!
Well... I met Laurie, Debe, and quite a few others on another site and chose to follow my new found friends here and maybe bring some of my old friends along too. In years to come maybe I can give a walk down memory lane too. Right now I feel it's an honor to be here and get to know all of you that I didn't already know.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
hey Gloria...it seems you were there right with us all...you are a dear and look forward to many years of growing our friendship...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com