Fudge Recipes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Scarez

I'm wondering if anyone has some EASY recipes for fudge, especially made in the microwave.

Since I can't do any canning now, and that cookie dough about killed my hands from stirring, I've got to feed my sweet tooth somehow! Can't have these hips shrinking now, right? :rolleyes:

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never made fudge. I found a box of chocolate covered cherries last evening in my closet. I didn't buy any last year, so they have been in there for almost two years. There are only seven of them in there, but that will last six more days. I had one last night.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do not have a microwave recipe but I do the one on the carnation milk can. You use the small can of evaporated milk. 3 cups of sugar. and 1 stick of butter Bring it to a full rolling boil and boil it 5 min. Then stir in a 12 oz pkg of chocolate chips and a small can of marshmallow creme and 1 tsp of vanilla. put in a 8x8 in pan that has been buttered. Let it cool and cut and enjoy. you need to stir it for the 5 min it is boiling to keep it from scorching.

Spider_Lily

Microwave Fudge

3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-oz can condensed milk
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt

Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray

In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave in one-minute increments until melted, about 2-3 minutes

Stir to ensure all the chocolate is melted, then add the vanilla and salt. Stir until the candy is smooth and well-mixed.

Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.

Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares and serve at room temperature. Store excess fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Out of my recipe book from church...

Bluewolf

I don't have one for the nukerator..but I do have an awsome one if you don't mind a twist...

Velvetta Cheese fudge

You'd never even know it was made with cheese

but I like fudge that is not made with "Mallo Cream"

I also change some of the ingredients for heart health/cholesteral concerns

My StepDad swears by it...He won't eat any other fudge but mine ;)

Scarez

Randy, you're not helping me here babe :p

I've tried the one you mentioned LP and can't seem to get it to set up like it "oughtta" ... I eventually gave up.

Think I'll give Spidey's a shot.

Velveta Cheese Fudge...????? Are you crazy woman?? :eek:
Well heck, okay, I am... so spill :p

Thanks everyone, btw ;)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
About 10 years ago, I was given a box of chocolate covered cherries. I really, really like those things. Before the day was over, they were all gone and I didn't share them. I made up my mind that wasn't going to happen again, so I won't eat more than one now on any given day. Besides, I have diabetes and it's not a good idea anyway.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
everyone has a fudge recipe that works for them and maybe not for anyone else. my granddaughter is still looking for hers. She has never had it set up for her. good luck finding yours.

Scarez

that's the weirdest thing. On Monday, my fudge turns out great. On Wednesday it's just mush and doesn't set up..... ??? I'm so confused

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Scarez
I was told by my grammie if there is humidity in the air, fudge won't set good, don't know if there is any truth to it or not..

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laurie's Grammie is right, fudge is "candy" and you can only make candy when the weather is good. My mom taught me that. Never make candy on a dreary day wait till the sky is blue and the sun is shining!

SandiB

About 10 years ago, I was given a box of chocolate covered cherries. I really, really like those things. Before the day was over, they were all gone and I didn't share them. I made up my mind that wasn't going to happen again, so I won't eat more than one now on any given day. Besides, I have diabetes and it's not a good idea anyway.

I love chocolate covered cherries too and am diabetic..so when I do get a box I keep them in the freezer & just have 1 every now & then...melts in your mouth soo good :p

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have two chocoholics in our household, so if I put them in the freezer, I would never see them again. LOL Scarez lives south of me in the same state. It is not quite as wet down there as in the northwest corner of the state, but with having to have low humidity, she would have to wait until July.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
At Church we are doing a church wide 21 day fastin January. Due to many people having health issues some are giving up vices. I will be fasting but I thought if I had to give up something meaningfull it would be chocolate, but I am not sure I could do that. I May do it anyway. But boy am I chocoholic!!!!

Scarez

Laurie's Grammie is right, fudge is "candy" and you can only make candy when the weather is good. My mom taught me that. Never make candy on a dreary day wait till the sky is blue and the sun is shining!
in the winter??? No wonder my last two batches went to mush

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com