Garden Bench Two-Chat Here

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember seeing a picture of Diogenes (artists conception) when I was in high school and I can still see it in my mind like it was yesterday.

Here's what I think (and it's probably incorrect) When you said Diognenes was supposedly carried a lantern ~ I focused on the lantern. He was trying to shed light. If someone has a bright soul, it shines through. 3 teens came today and we made mac and cheese. Luke said," You know, we live in a big house but I feel empty b/c we have no food." HOW can you raise teen boys with no food? Luke ate half a cantalope. "We never have fruit and I love fruit." He goes to school 2 days a week. He eats....Cheetos. To me, that's a sad situation. Priorities ~ house or food for your son? Crubs

When I make the boys mac and cheese, one of them always asks,"Did you put something strange in here again?" yep, foreign object ~ peas. "I won't eat peas." Bet you will! He did. "WOW! I LIKE PEAS!No fruit,OK?" I put Hershey syrup on a strawberry and he said,"I LIKE STRAWberries!" I've put sweet potatoes in his mac and cheese. They're orange. They have to get the right nutrition b/c they sure don't seem to get it at home. cheetoes.....hm.....I'll get these kids to eat broccoli :) ~ Curbie

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curbie,
Cover it with cheese , kids will eat anything covered in cheese. Make the broccoli cheese soup and they will beg you for more! You are doing a wonderful service to these boys. You teach them without them realizing they are being taught!

oh, i'm a sneaky soul :) I like the soup idea. They have learned to be gentlemen with manners and they're learning that even if THEY have to cook, do something interesting with it. MTM knows that one day, they will cook here ~ all 4 of them. I'll take a nap. :)Call me when dinner is ready! ~ Curbie

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crabber, that is a good idea. We eat a lot of broccoli here, but I don't put cheese on it. That would be good though for a special treat.

Feel like I may be coming back to life. I will not read too far back but please catch Diogenes and warn him that he does not want to go to Washington DC. He will leave the town sobbing and shaking hopelessly.
Chop broccoli very fine and add it to mac and cheese...........VERRRRRRRRRY TASTY!!

I just had one teen here (I swear they don't eat at home). My first re-action is ,"WHY AREN'T YOU IN SCHOOL, SON?" He had a physical at 11 so he ate ice cream with cantalope and strawberries and the cake I put with it ,has blueberries and cranraisins. I like when they come one by one instead of a herd :). Yesterday our friend was tripping over bicycles trying to get to the front door."Do you have company?" No, I ride 3 bicycles at one time. :) Tis the way of life :) Curbie

Randy, Larry the Cable Guy always says,"HERE'S YOUR SIGN!" and it says,"STUpid!" Oh, CG ~ When 4 show up at the same time and it's,"Miss Carol, may I please have hot chocolate?" "Miss Carol, May I please have mac and cheese?" "Mrs. Carol, I got frisked on the way over here and you should go yell at the cop b/c I'm going to play the piano." " Can we make popcorn?" The tea kettle is on singing like a bird, the mac and cheese is burning, and I'm supposed to go yell at a cop but the popcorn is done.........I really never know which way I'm going when they show up b/c all I'M trying to do is....fix dinner for Mike and I. Then they talk about their girlfriends so of course I chime in with,"You're lucky that you have ANY friends!" I have gotten them to laugh a lot but now I have to get them to get to school. They really hate their high school. Sad. Curbster

Three teens were just here and we ordered pizzas, etc. It really is heartwarming to hear a teenage boy say," When you die, We're moving in." I said,"OVER MY dead body!" And one said," Well, we can carry you outside for recycling or we can trip on you." They really are a bundle of monkeyshines. One of them is JUST like Chris Rock and we 'feed off' of each other. The Hispanic teen has come around in his attitude since he hit a teacher ~"WE HAD A FIRE IN SCHOOL TODAY! SOMEONE BLEW UP THE CHEMISTRY LAB!" i wish you had been in THAT class! "WE HAD TO STAND IN THE RAIN B/C IT WAS A FIRE DRILL! I GOT WET!" Consider it a free shower :). Yep, they are abused here. :) Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com