Garden Blogs

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I've added a couple of RSS feeds from garden blogs and plan on adding some more in the next few weeks.

What's an "RSS feed"? It's syndicated content that a website allows other sites to use. Often they do it for publicity or ads. As an example, I added one from "Gardener's Supply" They'll post some good useful info, like when the best time to plant your strawberry plants is, and they also just might slip in a note that they have some on sale. I'm OK with that, as the info is still useful.

Others I'll be adding are from colleges and universities. They tend to be well done and some of them have very detailed information. They can also be a bit more "localized" but that's fine, simply read the ones that apply to you.

Is adding these feeds "cheating"? Shouldn't I be generating all of my own content? Well, in a word, No. When you pick up a magazine or newspaper, do you expect all of the articles to be written by the editor? Of course not! It's the same here, I can't generate all of the content. Ideally, I'd have a staff of trained writers, but given my budget that's not an option. So using blog feeds from garden companies and universities is a good way to get more content at minimal expense.

The feeds will probably be pretty active when I first set them up as it can take some time for them to "catch up" to the content on the blog. Once that's done, typically you'll only see a post or two per week from most blogs, a very active blog might post once a day.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back