Garden Chili Sauce

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

richnkim

1 1/2 cups roasted hot chili peppers,finely chopped
4 quarts fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
2 tsp olive oil
2 cups onions, finely chopped
1 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large bay leaf
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tblsp. sugar or 2 Splenda packets

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and garlic; saute' until onions a trasnlucent and tender. Add the rest of the ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 2 hours. Remove the bay leaf. Puree" the sauce to smooth. Makes about 4 quarts.

Oh my that recipe looks FABULOUS!!! can't wait to try it.

Hey Dale, It is! Good with mexican food, pasta or whatever! Makes pasta mexican style. You can can it as well, or freeze. I posted my pasta sauce as well. I hope you like it. I am foing to look for my Marinara Sauce.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back