Garden Lighting Ideas

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

swireless2013

Hi Everyone,

I need some reliable brands of motion sensing garden lights. I would like them to possibly be remote control so I can turn them on to show my little garden off.

The motion sensing function is just so if critters get in, I can catch them.

I would like to keep them as low budget as possible, so please nothing too expensive or anything that requires a wired connection.

Kya D

Hi there It's great to have you here.
I don't have motion lights but someone here probably does.

ealyscott

Hi Everyone,

I need some reliable brands of motion sensing garden lights. I would like them to possibly be remote control so I can turn them on to show my little garden off.

The motion sensing function is just so if critters get in, I can catch them.

I would like to keep them as low budget as possible, so please nothing too expensive or anything that requires a wired connection.

I think you should go with Light-to-voltage sensors and Light-to-Digital convertors search you will definitely get various brands.

Alvin22

Well i think you need just a motion sensing switch and you can control the lights with that switch and install the switch at the garden entrance. I think your work is done. This is what you should use

Westek Outdoor Motion-Activated Light Control

0-0-0.jpg

bobgr

Well i think you need just a motion sensing switch and you can control the lights with that switch and install the switch at the garden entrance. I think your work is done. This is what you should use
Westek Outdoor Motion-Activated Light Control
As for me it the most viable solution.

Last fall, I bought/potted an amazing white bird of paradise as an "accent" for my dining room. Unfortunately, I failed to think about the fact that the trees outside had no leaves at the time, and that sunlight would be greatly reduced in the spring...
When the outside trees' leaves came in, I had to move it onto my front step for more light, where it has been very happy. Through the summer, it got early direct sunlight and diffuse sun the rest of the day. It has more than doubled in size.
Artificial Grass Suppliers
As nights got down into the 50s, about two weeks ago, I moved it inside, However, my "suniest" window doesn't seem to be sunny enough. As you hopefully can see, the most recent new leaf is looking decidedly pale (center of plant, partly curled).
I'm pretty sure I need to supplemental the light for a while. Until the trees outside shed their leaves, and I can move it to it's "winter" location in the dining room.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Emma,
You need to remember that it is a tropical plant and has been sitting outdoors all season in ideal conditions. Bringing it inside probably shocked the plant. You should have brought it in when the night time temps dropped into the low 60's!
It will recover in time.....a bright window is ideal, and it doesn't need to be sunny all day, a few howers is fine.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com