gardening at night

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mr_yan

Need some help here after a conversation last night.

I'm not the only one who goes out and works in the garden at night wearing a head lamp right?

Some times there just isn't enough daylight, or it's too hot, to get everything done. Even when sunset is after 9pm in late June.

I'm inside an hour before the sun sets!
Mosquitoes are nasty this year!
And, I do not start to soon in the mornings because of mosquitoes!
That leaves me with the warmest part of the day to get things done...without any bites!

I stay out as long as I can but being near the tropics we don't get a twilight at all. There's too many mozzies to do much at night...same as Ron....but most of my work in summer is done early morning and late afternoon as the humidity is down. In the afternoon the sea breeze kicks in and makes it bearable.

I have been known to stay out as late as possible. I n the winter I will be out past dark but not for too long. It is usually to cover plants or harvest before the weather gets bad. Mosquito's are the big issue for me too. And with now 7 confirmed cases of west nile in NE Florida I am not taking any chances.

Wish I could garden after dark I sure would!

I have a couple of small floodlights out the back and if I really need to finish what I started during daylight hours, I turn them on. It also enables me to see the snails sneaking onto the beds and that's a bonus!

I hadn't thought about night gardening. It is a thought. It is way to hot during the day right now.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back