Gone but not forgotten

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

After a short fight with cancer, with the pain she was in I knew it as time to let her go. Maxi was a full size Chihuahua, her real age is unknown because she came from the shelter, as close as we can guess she must have been 10 or 11 now, I got her in 07 and she was the love of my life, even if I had to get up at 4:00am so she could go potty, I really didn't mind it. About six months ago she had a tumor removed from her left rear leg, then in Nov she had a tumor remover from her bottom, I was hoping that was the last and she would be OK, last week she was showing signs of being in pain, they gave her pain pills but it didn't help,she got to the point where she couldn't pee, then last night her bladder let lose and there was blood in her pee so I was up all night holding her and this morning I called the vet and told him it was time, it was all over in just 10 min, and now I don't know if I did the right thing, I'm going to miss my little garden buddy, her ashes will be spread in the garden next spring.

MY fat baby

Attachments

• 2maxi.jpg
    2maxi.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 343
I feel for you Bear!
I had to put my Beni down last year in November at age 13!
I still miss him!

Maxi was a cutey!

It's hard to do, but I believe it was the right thing. To do nothing would mean more suffering and pain. It has been years when we had to make a similar decision for our little dog, but I am sure we made the right decision. To see her continue to suffer would have been unbearable.

God bless sweet little Maxi.I know your lost without him.Honey and I have alot of those 4 oclock morning's.Like you said I don't mind a bit.This brought tear's to my eye's.So so sorry Bear you done what was best for little Maxie.

That is the hardest decision a person has to make. To end a life that has given you so much love. but to let them suffer is so mean. I've had to put down a dog or two, I still miss them and the one I have now is loyal and trustworthy and loves me as much as I love him. I am thankful for all of the dogs God has sent my way.

Oh Bear, My heart hurts for you both. The most selfless gift you can give your pet is to know when it is time to make that difficult decision. You did the right thing and that in
itself says alot about you.
Blessings to you , and prayers you remember the joys and forget the sorrow.

It sure is tough I know as our sht zu we had to put down 6 years ago was a rough one he had bladder trouble he was 13 and adorable He gave hugs to everyone Just before he went in to get put down he gave us a hug.I feel for you as they are our family

It sure is tough I know as our sht zu we had to put down 6 years ago was a rough one he had bladder trouble he was 13 and adorable He gave hugs to everyone Just before he went in to get put down he gave us a hug.I feel for you as they are our family

Awww Rosy this brought another tear.I had a Shih-Tzu year's ago she was the sweetest baby.I saw one yesterday and told my hubby I want another like her oneday.We also had my son's lab pup put down awhile back it just break's your heart even if it's for the best.:(

I'm all choked up..I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet. I never had to make the call but did lose one to an accident. I'm so sorry Bear, just know..you did the right thing by ending any further suffering for her. I hope that I can be as strong if I have to face this with any of mine and having 3, I'm sure it will happen one day. Prayers that you will be comforted by sweet memories and the joy she brought to you.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back