Green tomatoes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

curbhopper

Does anyone have a recipe on how to do Fried Green Tomatoes? A friend gave me SO many & I really don't know how to make them (well.....I fibbed & said I did :) I THINK this qualifies me as a true dummy.) I've looked in every cookbook I own.... Curbie (Yep, qualified dummy....)

Last year I made some green tomato bread that turned out well - similar to any zuchini or fruit/spice bread. I found that there were only so many fried green tomatoes someone from the north could eat.

We make green tomato relish!

Mr Yan never tried green toms in a bread but should be good with the right spices!

After making green relish I don't want to see another green tom until next year!!!

Fried green toms....coat with a light coating of cornstarch (add your favorite herbs and spices) shake, then fry until the cornstarch turns a nice light brown!

Thanks everyone. I still have not attmepted these so I have to get cracking on these. I don't know if I'm fighting with green tomatoes or Hurricane Sandy. Thanks again. Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back