Happy Dance

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are doing the celebration dance here. We finished the semester and have 2 A's coming. I have no idea on the History class. I had a B average until I wore my Obama shirt. Oh well I learned some history although she did a rather poor job of history since 1960 to present day. I also learned that I do not want to teach like she did. I will not use her teaching style when I get my degree. I guess when you are working for a teaching degree you do notice how a teacher approaches a subject. I've had some amazing teachers and then some really below average ones. I hate it when a teacher brings there personal opinion into the subject and disregards what the book says.
Now back to the happy dance. I'm free until the 20th of January. Yeah. I get to go and see the grandkids on wed. Happy Happy Dance.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats Lyn Maybe someday I'll go back to school, sure would like to but just can not do it and work full time, take care of the house and yard
Have a safe trip to see the kids.

Congradulations on the great grades..Just shows how smart the older generation is..
I quietly did the snoopy dance on the 2nd when I received my master gardeners certificate for marion county and oregon state university..
Just have to keep learning
melanie

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
oremudpie I'm so impressed. a master gardener. WOW so can we ask you questions when we need help with things. We are so proud of you. you rock.

You are never too old to learn new things! When I started my business at over 50 I thought that maybe I was too old. I know an at-home business does not seem like a real business to some people, but it really is (and can be very profitable too)!
You must keep yourself motivated and make set your hours and do what you need to do on a regular basis, but you can be sooo flexible too! Congrats on the good grades lyn! What kind of degree are you working toward? I assume teaching, but there are so many choices! :)

Hi Lynn,

What are you studying? I know you mentioned education but then you talk about teaching adults. I ask because my degree will be in adult education and just wondered if you were a fellow nut :)

Dora/Garden Goddess.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just want to teach high school kids. I am watching all the teachers I have to learn different ways of teaching. I think some of the teachers out there will show me great ways to teach. There are some who are so arrogant that they think they know everything. I want to make a difference and not be a bad teacher. I've wanted to do this forever. Maybe I will finally get this degree finished.
Break is so good. But I know I will be ready to get back to it before the first day of classes.

Wow you are a brave woman! I don't think I could teach high school. You are right though, they need good teachers. My son has told me stories that make me wonder how they keep their jobs! One thing I like about teaching is that is gives me the opportunity to learn from different perspectives. It broadens my understanding and that's something that I don't think some teachers get. They think they have all the answers instead of being open to learning new answers from the different experiences of their students and colleagues.

Enjoy your break, good luck in your studies!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congradulations on the great grades..Just shows how smart the older generation is..
I quietly did the snoopy dance on the 2nd when I received my master gardeners certificate for marion county and oregon state university..
melanie
Holy cow, neighbor! You are just across the river from me. I am just outside Newberg in Yamhill County.

Lyn, a big CONGRATULATIONS to you!! And I know you are going to have a wonderful trip to see your grandkid. Have a safe trip. Let's put one more song on and dance another one together!!! WOO HOO!

Marie K

bob

Administrator
Staff member
melanie
Congrats on becoming a master gardener, that's great. It's nice to have an official seal of approval on all of your gardening knowledge.

Melanie, a great big congratulations on becoming a master gardener. I study a lot but there is always so much more to learn. Have been thinking about joining MG's myself. How time consuming is it?

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy this is good friend of mine...glad you have come aboard
Sounds like a good neighbor to have. The master gardeners have helped me in the past here in Yamhill County. I thought about getting into the program, but I didn't want to devote the time required. They have to spend a lot of hours doing volunteer work to maintain their certification.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com