Health & Welfare

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got an e-mail from Debe (Flowers4Yeshua) and she is not sick, but is helping take care of a blind lady. She was providing transportation for an elderly gent (older than me) and he had a stroke while at the doctor's office. He went directly to the hospital and Deb has been helping take care of his blind wife. She has not been able to spend time on the computer to let everyone here know and asked me to relay that information for her.

R

RiverRock

Thank Randy for letting us know. May the Lord be with all of them to strength them and bring healing.

RR

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy,
Please pass on to her that our prayers are with her not only for the people she helps but for her as well. Being a caregiver even part time can be taxing. Please let her know we are thinking of her.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll do that. I'm glad she was at the right place at the right time. She's 'something else'. And that's a good thing.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Randy, Thank you so much for filling all in for me....and bless all your hearts for the kind words.....My friend are really wonderful people ...and I mean you all here on the forums and here in person....Thankfully George's stroke was not to bad....he is doing very well as is his wife...One correction is that on Monday he also was able to come home ... I am amazed at how well they both are doing .....I was able to be home here on Wed. night and then George, Barb and I, all came up here to my house for Thur. night...I shall be going back for a few more days ...but One week from today is when it happened and The Doc said yesterday...WOW!...I am amazed there is no real sign as anything is wrong...We are working on changing a bit of what is in the diet...but the little bit of weakmess that was in the hand is no more...He was even able to button is little tiny button on the cuff yesterday...YIPPY!!!

And yes Randy I do think he is much older than you :)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dropped the ball though, Debe. I was going to e-mail you and let you know you had a passel of support here and I forgot. But at least you got to see the messages anyway.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Thanks Bernie...and Randy...and kind sir you didn't drop a thing...;)...
they, Barb and George, are such wonderful people and just give and give and give...Yesterday, they sent me to the store for a few things...by the time I got back, there was a huge meal going in the kitchen and several friends had shown up. Barb had found out it was my hubby's birthday and so a party was on...I was floored...and needless to say ...saw I was being released from duty...LOL...Geroge has regained all function and streagth in his had and full of color and energy ...one week later...just amazing to me......Thank the Lord...and honestly I was given far more than anything I could give...I will still come to drive them if it is any distance for another week or so...as the doc. said no longer then 15 mins at a time driving...but the rest is set to go for them...

Debe, God really uses you, I can tell. Even though I haven't meet you in person I feel I know you! You are such a blessing in your encouraging words! Wow, what a blessing you must be to the other people you touch. I am so glad that they are better.
What a reward you have waiting for you, and the reward that you receive here is just a chip! :)

I love "old people". We had the greatest neighbors in Canada...they in their late 70's and early 80's. We offered to drive up to get them and bring them to PA for a visit, but they have both just spent time in the hospital and the insurance rates to get them here would be too much. I sure miss them. Murray, he is 80 now, walked me down the aisle for our wedding. I miss my Grandma too, she was my best friend when I was growing up. My hubbies mom is in her late 80's and she is a gracious, mature and lovely woman. I couldn't ask for a better mother in law. We think that she is coming to visit with Bruce's brother for a visit in May. Thank goodness she is in good health.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I think there is no greater joy than hanging with the 70 plus generation....a wealth of knowlegde on everything...I find that it is me that is helpped not me helpping them...
I have one friend in CaveJunction...when I meet her she was in her late 60's...this was roughly 16 years ago...she would hand dig her 1 acer garden ...this is how we meet...her mom was our next door neighbor ...after her mom passed away her and her husband moved in...I was out in the garden with the tiller...she walks over and asks why I was robbing myself of the fun of hand digging...honestly I thought she was nuts...LOL...but she put me to shame with all her joy and laughter while working in the garden...Wanda is one of my closest friends to this day...she will be 87 in May and still hand digs her veggie patch....no longer as large as it was...but still such fun with her in the garden...I usually go and stay with her in the spring and help her put the veggie patch in and then in fall I go and help her can ...

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I had to hand dig my garden, I probably wouldn't have one, but I appreciate her thought. If I had to hand dig, my garden would probably be about 10 feet square. I sure wouldn't be able to share much at that rate. But like somebody once said, "Different strokes for different folks."

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com