Hello and happy to be here

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Lol yes kinda but still a lot that I can't find like any thing about plant splicing and fusing but there is a lot here great site nice ppl I think I will be here for a while :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a little success with grafting but that has been about 10 years ago. I grafted a Gala apple onto a Stamen Winesap tree and it is producing both kinds of apples now. We have 5 other apple trees though and there is no way we can use all the apples.

Great success on the grafting I have tried peppers on tomato stalks works but not as cool as I thought I am more interested in this idea I have that I can graft one of my bonsai branch to another kind of bonsai this would be awesome. At the same time I have not read or even seen a hint at this idea any where els which makes me want to start right now my mom is gonna give me 10 small dragon tree cuttings I want to take five and try to graft to schefflera clones I already have.

You will find that you can only graft plants of the same species. Interspecies grafting just does not work!

Because they are closely related and in the same family!
Solanaceae, (Nightshades)
Potatoes are in the same family too!
You can graft a tomato to the stem of a potato and have a double crop!

Ok thank you be back with the same idea just two bonsai of the same family or closely related should work?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back