Hello From California

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hey Kim where are you? I lived in Lindsay and worked in Visalia for a few years back in the seventies.

Hi Kim
welcome from woodstock NY.........Ive been to calif....its a beautiful state......

herbs in containers do very well......enjoy

Hi Kim
welcome from woodstock NY.........Ive been to calif....its a beautiful state......

herbs in containers do very well......enjoy

Thanks. I think so. I know that there are parts that aren't so nice but we have the seguoias and the beach too, and this valley is really nice for agriculture!!!:)

wow agriculture......I was the agriculture program sec or Cornell Univ Ext for 15 yrs........are you in the nut/date/olive area??? or fruit???

I loved SF.....of course everyone does.......San Diego was pretty, and LA was very busy......have a cousin in Santa Barbara......would love to see that area someday.

wow agriculture......I was the agriculture program sec or Cornell Univ Ext for 15 yrs........are you in the nut/date/olive area??? or fruit???

I loved SF.....of course everyone does.......San Diego was pretty, and LA was very busy......have a cousin in Santa Barbara......would love to see that area someday.

Walnuts, almonds, pistachio, pecans, orange, peaches, plums, nectarines and others are grown within a 50 mile radius of us. There are also fields of melons and some other fruit and veggies.

Although this year, things may be a little sparse. The drought is keeping farmers from growing alot of their crops. We do have alot of small farmers that grow all kinds of fuits and veggies on their land and sell them on a corner stand. Famers market is every saturday throughout the year and starting in a few weeks on thursday evenings downtown Visalia.

Santa Barbara is beautiful. Expensive to live there. I have a sister that lives near there.

You must be a little farther south than I thought. I'm familiar with the Sacramento Valley and the San Juaquin Valley as I hunted all over that area in my younger years. Before the levees were built down there over 150 years ago, that was the world's largest waterfowl breeding area in the world. By the way, I don't remember that far back. I read about it. LOL

You must be a little farther south than I thought. I'm familiar with the Sacramento Valley and the San Juaquin Valley as I hunted all over that area in my younger years. Before the levees were built down there over 150 years ago, that was the world's largest waterfowl breeding area in the world. By the way, I don't remember that far back. I read about it. LOL

You are to funny, Randy!!! We are in Visalia, just about 45 miles south of Fresno. I am familiar with the Sacramento Valley though.

Oh, okay. I have a niece and her husband that have a cattle ranch not too far from Fresno.

Where we lived in the Sacramento area, we could look to the east and see the Sierra Nevada and then turn to the west and see the coast range. We are down in the Willamette Valley here in Newberg and we can see the coast range easily. But when we drive over the small mountain range to the north, on a clear day we can see 4 or 5 of the tall mountains; Mt. Saint Helens, Mt, Hood, Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Adams (I think), and Mt. Rainier.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back