Hello from Michigan

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

rick54

Hello to all,
My wife and I are located in western Michigan, zone 5b, where we have lived all our lives. We maintain a big garden in the summer as well as a raspberry and blackberry patch that the deer also love. My other hobbies include bread making as well as sausage making. This spring I'd like to try my hand at growing some mushrooms on logs, seeing that this winters freezing rains have given me a supply of oak logs just the right size.

My wife does keep a hen house of about 20 black Sexlink chickens, but for the most part all the other 4-H animals are long gone since our 2 boys have grown and moved out. Although they still come back on a regular basis to raid their mother's pantry and her canned peaches and applesauce!

I'm already jumping in with some questions and have been giving moderator Ron a workout on methods for storing cabbage for the winter!

Rick

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back