Hello from Wyoming

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hello all. Happy Thanksgiving! My flowerbed is all ready for winter. I put rocks on top of my pinks mulch this year so the wind couldn't blow it to SD...lol. After 4 years of growing pinks here I'm beginning to think they are an annual in WY. It is so warm here they are probably growing under the mulch like they did last year.

Sashweezy

Hello all. Happy Thanksgiving! My flowerbed is all ready for winter. I put rocks on top of my pinks mulch this year so the wind couldn't blow it to SD...lol. After 4 years of growing pinks here I'm beginning to think they are an annual in WY. It is so warm here they are probably growing under the mulch like they did last year.

Hi, there Mare, nice to see you again. My pinks sleep all winter in zone 4 so you may be right in that it's too warm for them there. You probably have the opposite problem that I do. So many that would be perennial for you are annual for me.

S

Sproutling

Welcome Mare, :) Good to see you....

I think they are biannuals here in MI zone 5b. My daughter had them in her garden.
We had started them outdoors through the winter by the 2nd year they were beautiful the 3rd they didnt do good, not certain if it was because she let lots of wild grass grow in her bed that year or because it's life span was over.
I cleared the bed out. She is trying over in large pots.

Sproutling:)

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Mare, so nice to see you again, it's been a long time. the party is getting bigger every day.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com