Hello to old members

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
This is great to be back again. Thanks Bob. I registered again since my email changed and I can't remember old password.

Gloria contacted me on FB and we have her old account back now. (Also deleted her new one, since only one account can have any specific e-mail, that's why it says "guest")

If anyone else is having problems, please contact me here or on FB!

Last edited:

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see some of the old time members, welcome back. Hope you like the new place, it's finally up to date again.

If any of you used "Tap-a-Talk", it no longer works. The new site is designed to be mobile friendly, so you simply visit in any web browser and log in, no special app needed. It should scale to whatever device you're using. If you have any problems with any of this, please let me know. It's still brand new (careful, the paint on that wall is still wet) and we're still on the lookout for any minor bugs.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, for those of you coming back for the first time in a while, here's the short version of the new place. The forum software that we were running, Vbulletin 4, was no longer supported. A while back, I migrated this forum over to Xenforo, but it just didn't have the features we were used to. The gallery was especially lacking, using the "here's a giant pile of photos, good luck with that!" approach for the most part.

Finally in December they released Xenforo version 2.0, which is a major ground up rebuild. The media gallery is also much cleaner and nice, allowing you to browse images much easier. I waited a few months (never install version 2.0 of anything, LOL, wait for at least 2.0.1) and when I was confident it met our needs I made the switch. I'm pretty happy with the results. It's clean, it's fast, it's nice looking. I think we can make a go of it with this configuration. We just need to get a core group of people that post on a regular basis, and that will attract others.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi. Marie. Seeing all these old names brings back so many good memories and sad ones too. Just saw Curbie’s name.
I know, missing a few and it's bittersweet. Good to be back but missing those like Curbie, Mariposa, and Rosie. Not sure if the last 2 came here with us but they were the first I met in gardening forums and became close with. They will never be forgotten.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back, nice to "see" you again. I see it no longer says "new member" under your name. Not sure where that comes from, guessing it has to do with how many messages you post.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well.......it did show up after I posted :) Never mind. I'll catch on LOL

Yes, the new place does a few things differently. Go ahead and experiment, most of it is easily figured out. If you have questions, let me know. Also, if you have any problems, I can help get things figured out. If any of you are locked out of your old accounts, let me know and I'll get you back in.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow I think spring is getting to be everywhere I’m enjoying the bluebonnets and other wildflowers as I drive around Austin. I hope y’all are getting spring flowers to enjoy. Makes life so nice.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I think I've got most folks back in, though I'm still working on a couple. Let me know on FB if you're having problems.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to get more activity here, please speak up! I'd like to get a lot more conversations flowing, so any ideas would be great!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not :-( not the space of my old place. I may pick up a portable fire pit though.

I finally gave in and bought a propane one. No mess, no smoke, instant on, instant off. There’s a lot to like. But even at 5000 btus or whatever it is, it just doesn’t put out anything close to the heat from a wood fire. Really nice decorative feature, but doesn’t do all that much to cut the chill.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
::Blink:: Crabbergirl? You're back? Cool! Welcome back to the forum, we've missed you. I hope you like the new and improved site. It's a lot nicer looking, fast and easy to use. We have quite a few of the old members stopping by to check things out, very cool.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com