Hello!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Acacius48

Hello! Today is my first day here and I thought I would introduce myself. :)
I live in Colorado. I do all container gardening because I live in an apartment. I love tropicals, vines... I love it all. He he. I look forward to meeting everyone and learning from all you.

Sincerely,
Vanessa

richnkim

Hi Vanessa, I just joined this one too! I am doing container gardening also. I will help all I can. Welcome! Kim

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to see you. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Dale/disgett

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have three fairly large containers on the back porch. They are made from oak wine barrels that have been cut in half. I have mint in one of them, another will hold a cherry tomato when I move the plant from the greenhouse, and the third one has several herbs in it. I planted the herbs about 6 or 7 years ago and the ones that survived are the ones still there. My daughter Fiona knows what they are, but I am not sure except for the chives.

plantlover

Hello! Today is my first day here and I thought I would introduce myself. :)
I live in Colorado. I do all container gardening because I live in an apartment. I love tropicals, vines... I love it all. He he. I look forward to meeting everyone and learning from all you.

Sincerely,
Vanessa

:D:D:D:D Hey Vanessa! Great to see you here! You and I are in the same boat since we both live in apartments. Containers will have to do! I've got a great climate, and I love tropicals, too! I think you'll like it here and find it easy to navigate!!

There are loads of familiar usernames over here, and eventually, you'll get to see more and more!!!!!! We'll have to have a family reunion sometime! Reuniting all of us who are transplants from elsewhere!

Acacius48

Hello Kim, Dale, Randy, Kya_D, Spider_lily, Susan and Jade!! :D

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!! hehe. Your right Susan I do see many familiar usernames!! :) You got a new username though! I like it and is very true. :) I am so excited to see everyone and I feel right at home. I am having fun browsing around the site and seeing/reading everything.

Randy sounds like I need some of those wine barrels for some tomatoes seedlings I got growing. :)

Sincerely,
Vanessa

Jade

All of the old usuals are here, but they changed their names. It is like coming home after a long time away. I don't know if I can figure our and reassimilate their old names with the new ones, but I will do my best.
Have a good time here, we all are.
J

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
THey make great planters, Vanessa. I rigged up a large tomato cage on one of them and it stays on the back porch for grazing. I put a Sun Gold cherry tomato there, but I also have one in the garden itself. They were selling for $20 when I bought the ones I have, now the same store is selling them for $24. I was considering a 4th one on the porch to plant a rosemary bush in, but I checked our herb garden and I have a bush there already.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Hello Vanessa and Welcome to the place...Looks like you know a few around here...I look forward to getting to know you...

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been there. I had two balconies in my apt and I had them full now I have a mix of containers and dirt. I like both. I have a container of mums and a container of mint. there is one other which I put annuals in. I had 4 o'clocks in it last year and it looks like they will reseed, I've had alot of fun with them.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vanessa,
Glad you found Gardenforums! There are (as you can see) many gardeners all willing to listen and share.Some are new some are old but all have the same goal ....the ultimate garden adventure! I look forward to seeing you around the forums!
Have a great garden day!

swindy

Hi Vanesa welcome to Gardenforums. It is great you found your wasy over here and that you already know so many members. I also have to do container gardening. I sure wish I had a little peice of ground to plant in. I cramed in so much on my patio last year that I only had 1 little spot for me to sit on but I got so many complements from my neighbors. This year I am going to try to expand to the outside of the patio and see if I can get away with it.

K

Kale

Hi Vanessa and Welcome!
I enjoy planting in anything that will hold soil or water! I started out mostly veggies in containers until '05 which is when we recycled someones old wood and made several beds..but...Containers are still a very big passion of mine.I'm guessing I will be seeing you all around here and that rose..........OH MY!
Is it yours!?? or a cutting from a store arrangement ...
I always see them but not in my gardens of roses.
I do have a few "oranges" but...Not like that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in love with that rose and cant wait to find out who she is!

Kale :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com