help for sinus infections

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

For years I suffered with horrible sinus infections and would go on different courses of antibiotics for months at a time. My youngest daughters boyfriend suggested using a neti pot, and I use it faithfully every morning and haven't had a sinus infection for over 2 years. I am so mad the Dr.s didn't suggest it. Neti pots are like little tea pots that you use warm water and a tiny bit of salt and flush your sinus cavity, it sounds crazy, but it works. You can google it to check it out more. Walmart sells them for about $14.

Kya D

We actually had a doctor recommend a neti pot and gave us the recipe for the liquid to put in it.
It was water, salt and baking soda.
I don't remember the amounts but the soda and salt help make the water the same ph as your body.
They work wonderfully.

Dor

I am suffering with my sinuses right now Annette and if I don't take sinus meds everyday then I wake up with a headache. I had sinus surgery in 1999. My mother gave me a recipe for some sinus drops with warm water, salt and I think Witch hazel. I don't like it because it drains into my mouth. I am going to check out the neti pot at Walmart. Are they located in the Pharmacy department?

Kya D

Oh I found it
1 quart of water (distilled or boiled tap water)
1 teaspoon of salt (Kosher Salt works best)
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
Boil the water, cool, then add the ingredients.
Shake well before using. Discard the unused mixture after fourteen days.

The neti pots are in the pharmacy dept. I just put about 1/2 cup warm water in mine and a pinch of salt, mine came with about 100 packets of special salt, you only neeed a fraction of what is in the packet, maybe 1/8th of a tsp.

I do this nasel wash once a day,if I work in the dirt I do it twice and it works great for me also, I kept getting sinus infections and the hospital wanted to do surgery and I said no 4 years ago, I had a deviated septum and whet to the chrioproctor and he did the balloning on my nose and put the septum back where it belongs and saved me lots of money. Since then I have not had any troubles and the wash is a wonderful thing. Also when I get sinus pain or pressure I drink peppermint or thyme tea they both work great for me..

Last edited:

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
We actually had a doctor recommend a neti pot and gave us the recipe for the liquid to put in it.
It was water, salt and baking soda.
I don't remember the amounts but the soda and salt help make the water the same ph as your body.
They work wonderfully.
All right! That's what I was going to say. Some people will not like that cure but it really works and it is natural. Has been used by cultures for 1000's of years;)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had surgery to correct a deviated septum, and a couple of years later I had another one called a UPPP, a contraction for Uvulopalatopharingoplasty or something like that. I call it a snorectomy though and that makes more sense.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com